Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Toni)
    I've been offered an interview at BSMS for this Saturday. Has anyone else? And has anyone received interview offers from anywhere else? I'm panicking.
    when did you receive invite email?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Leavemyarcelona)
    I applied for deferred entry for September 2013. No acknowledgement as of yet. Anyone else in the same position?
    i've applied for deferred entry too and haven't heard anything

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Toni)
    I've been offered an interview at BSMS for this Saturday. Has anyone else? And has anyone received interview offers from anywhere else? I'm panicking.
    I have an interview for tomorrow also. i was only given 8 days notice which is a bit of a nightmare, already had one interview at Liverpool which is luck otherwise i wouldn't have had enough time to prepar fully!! good luck tomorrow!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Leavemyarcelona)
    I applied for deferred entry for September 2013. No acknowledgement as of yet. Anyone else in the same position?
    YES ME! I know I shouldn't be stressing but I am! Have you had confirmation from your other choices? I've only heard from 2!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by daniellarrr)
    YES ME! I know I shouldn't be stressing but I am! Have you had confirmation from your other choices? I've only heard from 2!
    I've heard back from all of my other choices, and have already been rejected by one of them .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by daniellarrr)
    Don't worry BSMS don't send out acknowledgements by email; it's not a requirement for unis to do so.

ReputationRep:
    Awhh, good luck potential freshers!!
    I'm a BSMS 1st year, its a truly great great medical and any of you that make it here are very lucky!
    My only advise is NOT to worry too much about grades etc. If you get an interview at BSMS they want to see only a hand full of things: You are a nice, decent, person who can hold a conversation and that you have a true dedication to medicine. Be yourself, smile, be friendly... and good luck

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emilylikeeee)
    Awhh, good luck potential freshers!!
    I'm a BSMS 1st year, its a truly great great medical and any of you that make it here are very lucky!
    My only advise is NOT to worry too much about grades etc. If you get an interview at BSMS they want to see only a hand full of things: You are a nice, decent, person who can hold a conversation and that you have a true dedication to medicine. Be yourself, smile, be friendly... and good luck
    That's relieving hope I get an interview. Btw what was your offer if you don't mind me asking? And in your interview how many interviewers were there?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xxsanhaxx)
    That's relieving hope I get an interview. Btw what was your offer if you don't mind me asking? And in your interview how many interviewers were there?

3 interviewers, and I had one lady observing who was learning to interview.
    And AAA/A*AB/A*A*C with As in biology and chemistry... thats the basic that most people will get...

ReputationRep:
    I really wish to just get an interview, if I don't get an interview from any of my choices I'll have to seriously rethink ways to improve my application next time.

It's the suspense that kills, and can negatively affect whatever exams you're doing if you let it get on top of you. I'm just going to do my best.

ReputationRep:
    Got a letter in the post today telling me I've been rejected. I'm really disappointed to be honest as it would have been my 1st choice. I really didn't see why I wasn't even offered an interview as my application wasn't weak ... urgh. Apparently I've been placed on the 'reserves' list. Anyone know the chances of being made an offer from this?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AJHaynes)
    Got a letter in the post today telling me I've been rejected. I'm really disappointed to be honest as it would have been my 1st choice. I really didn't see why I wasn't even offered an interview as my application wasn't weak ... urgh. Apparently I've been placed on the 'reserves' list. Anyone know the chances of being made an offer from this?
    Wait I dont get it...you're rejected....but you're also on the reserve list? What's the point of rejecting you then?

Also, can you post your stats if you dont mind. thanks!

ReputationRep:
    Well considering the number of applicants I'm guessing I will have little luck turning it into an offer ....
    GCSE's: 10 A*s
    AS: AAAB (Maths, Chem, French, Bio)
    Predicted: A*A*A (Chem, French, Bio)
    Did loaaaaads of work experience and wrote what I learnt from it blah blah. Ah well. Good luck to the rest of you.

ReputationRep:
    Well considering the number of applicants I'm guessing I will have little luck turning it into an offer ....
    Did loaaaaads of work experience and wrote what I learnt from it blah blah. Ah well. Good luck to the rest of you.
    WTH, your stats are really good! Sorry to hear about the rejection did they give you a reason why?

ReputationRep:
    Not really. Mentioned that although they like my application because of the number of people that have applied/competitiveness etc they couldn't give me a place or invite me to interview. I guess the reserve thing is better than nothing, and I had what I hope was a good interview the other day, so it really isn't the end of the world.

ReputationRep:

Take heart yh. But I think the A level in French made them reject you, what do you think? Good luck with the rest of your choices.

ReputationRep:
    Hmmm possibly. However they clearly stated two sciences were enough, and the fact that it's not usually considered a 'weak' subject made me not consider dropping it. Plus the fact I would never have got an A overall if I had carried on doing maths. Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    Cardiff, Birmingham and Southampton, heard from Cardiff but not the other two. Fingers crossed I'll hear (good) news from them soonish!

ReputationRep:
    Not really. Mentioned that although they like my application because of the number of people that have applied/competitiveness etc they couldn't give me a place or invite me to interview. I guess the reserve thing is better than nothing, and I had what I hope was a good interview the other day, so it really isn't the end of the world.
    Really sorry to hear about your rejection. So dd you have an interview at BSMS or was that an interview at another uni? Sorry if it sounds like a stupid question. Good luck with your other choices.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Crowned Temmy)
    Take heart yh. But I think the A level in French made them reject you, what do you think? Good luck with the rest of your choices.
    Hope it wasn't A-level French, another BSMS applicant who studies french right here!

Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.