Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by os93)
    Hope it wasn't A-level French, another BSMS applicant who studies french right here!
    Don't be scared. It's just my opinion and I might be wrong. I've not gotten interview from BMSM either; just keep the faith going.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Crowned Temmy)
    Don't be scared. It's just my opinion and I might be wrong. I've not gotten interview from BMSM either; just keep the faith going.
    Hi guys just a heads up, i had an interview on Saturday and i did A level French so don't panic x

ReputationRep:
    hey, i feel awful asking this but does anybody know when they start giving out rejections?
    has anybody recieved any offers?

ReputationRep:
    please baby interview me bsms

ReputationRep:
    when do BSMS start sending out rejections/second batch of interview invitations?

ReputationRep:
    from last year's thread, it seems february invites are in january. there should be a round of rejections coming up in december, along with a round of offers for those interviewed in november.

ReputationRep:
    I just got rejected from BSMS, they said that competition for places was really high etc etc etc but they've let me apply for other courses at either Brighton or Sussex uni like Biochemistry and Psychology which is sweet of them

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by charleydavis)
    I just got rejected from BSMS, they said that competition for places was really high etc etc etc but they've let me apply for other courses at either Brighton or Sussex uni like Biochemistry and Psychology which is sweet of them
    That sweet of them btw were else have you applied? Have you heard anything from them?...(sorry if I sound a bit nosey lol )....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xxsanhaxx)
    That sweet of them btw were else have you applied? Have you heard anything from them?...(sorry if I sound a bit nosey lol )....
    Kings, Keele and Bristol. Haven't heard anything from anywhere apart from Bristol which was to say i'm on a waiting list sort of thing for an interview and they'll decide in January/February, ahh no worries it's not nosey! You?

ReputationRep:
    sorry for your rejection. may I ask whether you were home/intl applicant and what your academics were like?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .eXe)
    sorry for your rejection. may I ask whether you were home/intl applicant and what your academics were like?
    no worries i'm a home student and my grades are:
    GCSE: 9 A*s and 3 As
    AS Level: AAAB (Bio, physics, maths, chem)
    Predicted A Level: A*A*A (Bio, Maths, Chem)

ReputationRep:
    no worries i'm a home student and my grades are:
    GCSE: 9 A*s and 3 As
    AS Level: AAAB (Bio, physics, maths, chem)
    Predicted A Level: A*A*A (Bio, Maths, Chem)
    thank you! hmm you have really good grades I am surprised they rejected you :s Did you email them for feedback on your /30 score?

ReputationRep:
    Kings, Keele and Bristol. Haven't heard anything from anywhere apart from Bristol which was to say i'm on a waiting list sort of thing for an interview and they'll decide in January/February, ahh no worries it's not nosey! You?
    Oh I see...good luck....I've applied at Leeds, Southampton and Uea haven't heard anything but a confirmation email. :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xxsanhaxx)
    Oh I see...good luck....I've applied at Leeds, Southampton and Uea haven't heard anything but a confirmation email. :/
    we're applied to similar schools

i havent heard anything either although I am intl so I guess I wont hear much until next year

ReputationRep:
    just got me rejection. thats two in consecutive years from bsms thinking about it, I seem to be giving less of a **** this time around getting into medicine isn't the be all/end all of the world. they did offer me alternative courses tho

anyone else got rej this morn??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nahim9393)
    just got me rejection. thats two in consecutive years from bsms thinking about it, I seem to be giving less of a sh*t this time around getting into medicine isn't the be all/end all of the world. they did offer me alternative courses tho

oh no, someone else also got rejection today. I guess today is the day bsms is sending them out hope you're successful in your other choices!

may i ask if you are home or intl applicant and if its okay can you also post your stats so we can have an idea of what bsms are looking for :s

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nahim9393)
    just got me rejection. thats two in consecutive years from bsms thinking about it, I seem to be giving less of a sh*t this time around getting into medicine isn't the be all/end all of the world. they did offer me alternative courses tho

I got rejected this morning too. Do you think you'll apply for any of the other courses they suggested. I've emailed them saying i want to be considered for Neuroscience at Sussex. I tried calling for feedback then realised the strike is on so Brighton is closed today haha

ReputationRep:
    Rejection over here too
    Here's hoping the other applications go down better...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .eXe)
    thank you! hmm you have really good grades I am surprised they rejected you :s Did you email them for feedback on your /30 score?
    Mmmm the letter just said my application was strong but that it was very competitive etc etc. I might email them and ask for feedback but i spose there's not too much point now haha

ReputationRep:
    Mmmm the letter just said my application was strong but that it was very competitive etc etc. I might email them and ask for feedback but i spose there's not too much point now haha
    you never know, maybe they made a mistake. also, if you scores bad you can ask them what you can do to be a strong future applicant (if you still consider medicine in the future). good luck mate!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 20, 2013

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.