Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

BSMS Medicine Applicants 2012 watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .eXe)
    you never know, maybe they made a mistake. also, if you scores bad you can ask them what you can do to be a strong future applicant (if you still consider medicine in the future). good luck mate!
    hahahaa maybe! yeah i might ask if they offer feedback. good luck for all yours too

ReputationRep:
    Sorry to hear about the rejections guys, but I'm sure you'll be successful elsewhere this year keep your hopes up!

Were the rejections by post or by email?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by brighteyes1994)
    Sorry to hear about the rejections guys, but I'm sure you'll be successful elsewhere this year keep your hopes up!

Were the rejections by post or by email?
    Thanks, and yep hope we all get lucky somewhere guys

Rejections by post btw

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aysha92)
    Really sorry to hear about your rejection. So dd you have an interview at BSMS or was that an interview at another uni? Sorry if it sounds like a stupid question. Good luck with your other choices.
    Nope my interview was for Cardiff. Wasn't offered an interview at BSMS.
    I really would like feedback, but I feel it's slightly awkward and I should just leave it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AJHaynes)
    I really would like feedback, but I feel it's slightly awkward and I should just leave it.
    dont you want to know what let you down? academics? ps?

getting feedback is important so you can make better future applications.

ReputationRep:
    Hmmmmm you're right ... any idea which email I can use to contact them? They sent me a letter so I can't reply to an email.

ReputationRep:
    Have any graduate applicants heard anything from BSMS? whether that be interview or rejection without interview?

ReputationRep:
    Hmmmmm you're right ... any idea which email I can use to contact them? They sent me a letter so I can't reply to an email.
    I believe it is this one: [email protected]

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 622873)
    Have any graduate applicants heard anything from BSMS? whether that be interview or rejection without interview?
    I am graduate intl applicant, havent heard a thing the wait is killer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .eXe)
    I believe it is this one: [email protected]
    Thanks a lot for that. Just emailed them, will be interesting to hear what they have to say.

ReputationRep:
    My friend got an interview from Oxford and Peninsula today, but a rejection from BSMS. All in the post. Should I be frantically searching for letters? Have people got interviews without an email/ucas telling them?

ReputationRep:
    Got a rejection today by post, before interview. So good luck to everyone still in the running

ReputationRep:
    Really sorry to everyone who has a rejection. Must be so depressing, I'm getting depressed and I haven't even had one (yet)
    Does anyone know if we haven't had an interview and are not rejected is it highly likely we will be interviewed in feb!?

ReputationRep:
    I got a rejection today too!! Totally gutted my dad rang me when i was at school and I cried (fail), feeling as though this is a sad day for BSMS. But don't worry everyone we'll all get there eventually, whether it's this year next year or whenever!

ReputationRep:
    Oh ok... I hope you get a place there. You should definietly contact them to see what went wrong as your stats are great.
    Good luck with the rest of your choices

Just read further on and saw you've already emailed them! Hopefully they will give you good feedback, atleast the score out of 30 would tell you how close you were.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Natha_Lite)
    Got a rejection today by post, before interview. So good luck to everyone still in the running

(Original post by scrubber)
    I got a rejection today too!! Totally gutted my dad rang me when i was at school and I cried (fail), feeling as though this is a sad day for BSMS. But don't worry everyone we'll all get there eventually, whether it's this year next year or whenever!

Thats really scary! Not heard either way yet - hopefully you will both get into other med schools! Can I ask what your GCSE / UKCAT/ UCAS scores were?

ReputationRep:
    So i guess yesterday and today are BSMS rejection days? I wish they'd start setting up feb interviews already...a little notice never hurt anybody

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone who has had a rejection (including me) emailed for any feedback? I tried the email address given above but haven't had any luck. Not sure if i really want to know my weaknesses considering my application is still out there with all the other unis

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .eXe)
    So i guess yesterday and today are BSMS rejection days? I wish they'd start setting up feb interviews already...a little notice never hurt anybody
    why the hell would someone neg me for this post??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by charleydavis)
    Has anyone who has had a rejection (including me) emailed for any feedback? I tried the email address given above but haven't had any luck. Not sure if i really want to know my weaknesses considering my application is still out there with all the other unis
    well it wont be instantaneous...they will take some time to give you feedback. might take a few weeks tbh.

edit: youre better off just calling them up. they're nice on the phone.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 20, 2013
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.