Announcements

ReputationRep:
    INTERVIEW!

4th of February!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by musicmedic)
    INTERVIEW!

4th of February!
    well done - hope it goes well... how did you find out? email?
    and what are your stats?

ReputationRep:
    Interview too! 4th Feb

After 4 rejections last year, this is a nice change. Hoping desperately I won't stuff it up now!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TuesdaysChild)
    Interview too! 4th Feb

After 4 rejections last year, this is a nice change. Hoping desperately I won't stuff it up now!
    well done - good luck! in case you are wondering about the stalking - still not heard

so what were your stats?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mish Bish)
    well done - good luck! in case you are wondering about the stalking - still not heard

so what were your stats?
    Well, nothing special, tbh.

I got 3 A's at A-level and an A at a 4th AS. I didn't do GCSEs, as I was homeschooled and followed an American curriculum (So no formal qualifications before A level) before I went to college. (Family moved around, hence the homeschooling)

I did however spend 2 months in Kenya doing medical volunteer work at the end of the summer, and I'm going to visit the NAPA center in California for a couple of weeks (sometime later in the year) to accompany a little girl with severe disablities to therapy sessions. The NAPA center provides therapy for kids and adults with brain injuries.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mish Bish)
    well done - hope it goes well... how did you find out? email?
    and what are your stats?
    Yeah, it was by email this afternoon! It was totally unexpected!

GCSEs: 6.5 A*s 4As
    AS Levels: AABB

Also, some work exp as a medical secretary and at a club for disabled kids.

Have you heard anything back from BSMS yet?

ReputationRep:
    Interview 4th Feb...just got the email !!!!

ReputationRep:
    good luck! no idea what they are looking for so can't offer advice! rejected with 9 A*, 2As, 4AS and predicted 2A* 1A at A2 - plus work exp. as long as your arm - interview seemed to go well but still not enough ...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by musicmedic)
    Yeah, it was by email this afternoon! It was totally unexpected!

GCSEs: 6.5 A*s 4As
    AS Levels: AABB

Also, some work exp as a medical secretary and at a club for disabled kids.

Have you heard anything back from BSMS yet?
    heard nothing yet
    GCSEs : 7 A* 4A 2B
    AS Levels : AAAAb
    18 months of all sorts of medical related experience.... feeling like hiding! Away in Goa for my aunts wedding for 2 weeks in Feb and miss 4 of the interview dates.. they do know, but were irritated with me!

Really good luck for you though, :yeah:

ReputationRep:
    I read that a few people got interviews today, so I logged into my email to check and I had a UCAS update. "YES!", I thought, but, after I actually logged into track, that faint glimmer of hope became a string of insults; something along the lines of "**** you Lancaster! You're ruining my life. Who the **** do you think you are?!?!"

Going to need a pretty hefty nap now, to make myself feel better.

ReputationRep:
    Well done all those with interviews, any Scottish applicants heard back yet ?

ReputationRep:
    Interview on 4th february!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    My AS's are ABBB - do you think this has pretty much screwed my chances? :/

I'm still predicted AAA, but my GCSEs aren't amazing either.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kevlar R)
    Well done all those with interviews, any Scottish applicants heard back yet ?
    Haven't heard anything back yet at all. I'm an applicant from an Access course, someone said a few pages back that access students get interviewed in February, so here's hoping.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Leavemyarcelona)
    Haven't heard anything back yet at all. I'm an applicant from an Access course, someone said a few pages back that access students get interviewed in February, so here's hoping.
    Im an Access applicant as well. (Im at Sussex Downs) but the admissions tutor came to our college we wont hear till this Month or early Feb. I think they interview March.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mon.MD)

Im an Access applicant as well. (Im at Sussex Downs) but the admissions tutor came to our college we wont hear till this Month or early Feb. I think they interview March.
    Ah I see, thanks for letting me know. Best of luck with your application.

ReputationRep:
    Have any graduates heard anything back yet?

ReputationRep:
    Do you think they'll send out any more interviews/rejections tomorrow?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheDustyKid)
    Do you think they'll send out any more interviews/rejections tomorrow?
    hopefully they do... I'm tired of waiting... :'(

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jai Jai)
    Have any graduates heard anything back yet?
    Hi Jai Jai I'm a graduate too - still haven't heard anything!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 20, 2013
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.