Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Got an interview! It came on thursday!

Anyone know the statistics of the amounts of people given interviews and those of them who get offers? Thank you

ReputationRep:
    are interviews given by email or post?

ReputationRep:
    waaaaaaaahhhh!!!!! I still havent heard anything!!! :'( WAAAAH

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .eXe)
    They dont send out acknowledgements. If BSMS shows up on track you're good to go.
    Ah thanks for the reply!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jai Jai)
    are interviews given by email or post?
    i got mine through email first, and then post shortly after

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ZeeBurb)
    Got an interview! It came on thursday!

Anyone know the statistics of the amounts of people given interviews and those of them who get offers? Thank you
    Last year it was approximately 500 interviews and 200-250 offers, so a pretty good chance once you get an interview I'd say!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheDustyKid)
    I read that a few people got interviews today, so I logged into my email to check and I had a UCAS update. "YES!", I thought, but, after I actually logged into track, that faint glimmer of hope became a string of insults; something along the lines of "**** you Lancaster! You're ruining my life. Who the **** do you think you are?!?!"

Going to need a pretty hefty nap now, to make myself feel better.
    That happened to me with Bristol... I got an email about a UCAS update but I didn't get any interviews yet so i guessed it was a rejection as interviews dont show up on Track... :/ i wasnt as depressed as I thought I'd be... Life goes on. Good luck with the rest of the universities you've applied to

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by heartshapedbox)
    That happened to me with Bristol... I got an email about a UCAS update but I didn't get any interviews yet so i guessed it was a rejection as interviews dont show up on Track... :/ i wasnt as depressed as I thought I'd be... Life goes on. Good luck with the rest of the universities you've applied to
    interviews do show up on track...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by J1994D)
    They do? I have two and none are updated on track Should I call up UCAS? Do they only show up for some schools?

ReputationRep:
    They don't for BSMS and many other medical schools. None of mine that have offered me interviews did (the Manchester one is edited in in my sig). A few do - different schools do things different ways.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .eXe)
    They do? I have two and none are updated on track Should I call up UCAS? Do they only show up for some schools?
    i think some show up (my friend has one for keele that is on her track ) good luck in it!!

ReputationRep:
    Okay what's going on with BSMS? This forum's been so quiet lately...I was honestly expecting a torrent of interviews after Christmas break

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .eXe)
    Okay what's going on with BSMS? This forum's been so quiet lately...I was honestly expecting a torrent of interviews after Christmas break
    Exams, maybe? Peeps might be keeping off their daily TSR dosage so they get awesome medicine-worthy grades.

ReputationRep:
    my interviews didnt show up... neither did anybody elses that i know.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tkoki1993)
    waaaaaaaahhhh!!!!! I still havent heard anything!!! :'( WAAAAH
    me neither :'(

ReputationRep:
    Is the fact that I haven't heard anything from them yet a bad sign? It's getting quite late on now in the cycle... I think they must be fishing out the last few for interview. fml.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheDustyKid)
    Is the fact that I haven't heard anything from them yet a bad sign? It's getting quite late on now in the cycle... I think they must be fishing out the last few for interview. fml.
    Lol no way, they haven't done a single international interview yet. There's still time.

ReputationRep:
    Well I have had a letter - not outright rejection - been out on the reserve list! Anyone have any idea what this means and if there is still hope???

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mish Bish)
    Well I have had a letter - not outright rejection - been out on the reserve list! Anyone have any idea what this means and if there is still hope???
    I'm sorry to hear that. I think it means that you were just below the threshold for interview and if they have any interview slots left at the end, then they could invite you for one.
    Did you get the email today?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aysha92)
    I'm sorry to hear that. I think it means that you were just below the threshold for interview and if they have any interview slots left at the end, then they could invite you for one.
    Did you get the email today?
    No email - a letter! I thought it might happen as I am away for 5 of their interview dates and they said it might be difficult to find me an interview slot for the remianing 3 days....

they said something about 1st choice at clearing so maybe not all is lost?
    Anyone have any idea on the likelihood of someone not accepting their place and me being offered an interview in April?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 20, 2013
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 22 Aug '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Aug '18
  3. University of Glasgow
    All Subjects Undergraduate
    Tue, 28 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.