Turn on thread page Beta

BSMS Medicine Applicants 2012 watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mish Bish)
    No email - a letter! I thought it might happen as I am away for 5 of their interview dates and they said it might be difficult to find me an interview slot for the remianing 3 days....

they said something about 1st choice at clearing so maybe not all is lost?
    Anyone have any idea on the likelihood of someone not accepting their place and me being offered an interview in April?
    So had they invited you for interview before and you had to cancel as you couldn't make it? When are the 3 remaining days?
    I think if I remember correctly, a friend of mine was placed on the waiting list last year and was invited to interview in April and got an offer. I don't know how often this happens, but since it does actually happen is a good sign.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aysha92)
    So had they invited you for interview before and you had to cancel as you couldn't make it? When are the 3 remaining days?
    I think if I remember correctly, a friend of mine was placed on the waiting list last year and was invited to interview in April and got an offer. I don't know how often this happens, but since it does actually happen is a good sign.
    Thank you for giving me hope! No they couldnt find a slot for me to attend... they didnt say I was below the threshold, just they couldnt fit me in!! I am in Goa for my aunts wedding and it was pre booked ages ago

well done to your friend, hoping it works like that for me too!!!

ReputationRep:
    Thank you for giving me hope! No they couldnt find a slot for me to attend... they didnt say I was below the threshold, just they couldnt fit me in!! I am in Goa for my aunts wedding and it was pre booked ages ago

well done to your friend, hoping it works like that for me too!!!
    Lol kinda dumb in my opinion to be missing an interview to attend a wedding. Tyere will be plenty of those and im sure she would understand. But doesnt look well to med schools. Just a thought.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .eXe)
    Lol kinda dumb in my opinion to be missing an interview to attend a wedding. Tyere will be plenty of those and im sure she would understand. But doesnt look well to med schools. Just a thought.
    Yes - I understand what you are saying - we did inform them before the Nov interviews, but apparently they missed of my file! I am hoping this is her only wedding.. and I am her bridesmaid, and not to go just on the off chance they would call me seemed silly!

I called offered to change my dates (rather than 10 days just the 4 days) but they said that they had filled their interview dates.

They didnt even offer me a date to turn down - thats the annoying thing!

The other 3 med schools I have applied to understood and said it would not be a problem, only BSMS said it would be a problem - but that was after I had booked my tickets and everything!

oh well will focus on getting the grades just in case I get 3 rejections from the rest...

I just thought waiting list was better than a rejection - but obviously not!

ReputationRep:
    Well I have had a letter - not outright rejection - been out on the reserve list! Anyone have any idea what this means and if there is still hope???
    I have has the same, pretty doubtful on getting an interview after Feb.

ReputationRep:
    Hey, have any grads out there been offered interviews yet?:lep:

ReputationRep:
    Not that I know of. S.

ReputationRep:
    On the reserve list too better than a rejection - when I first emailed Brighton in Novemeber asking my academic score they told me that I was most likely going to be unsuccessful, so it's much better than expected

ReputationRep:
    Well I have had a letter - not outright rejection - been out on the reserve list! Anyone have any idea what this means and if there is still hope???
    i got a letter for reserve list too :'(
    the letter is so confusing :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by brighteyes1994)
    On the reserve list too better than a rejection - when I first emailed Brighton in Novemeber asking my academic score they told me that I was most likely going to be unsuccessful, so it's much better than expected
    Did they tell you your score and what score was required to make interview cutoff?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .eXe)
    Did they tell you your score and what score was required to make interview cutoff?
    Nupe just that we had a strong application but they were unable to offer us an interview, but might in April if they hold any :/

ReputationRep:
    impressed by your positive attitude! hopefully its contagious....

ReputationRep:
    Nupe just that we had a strong application but they were unable to offer us an interview, but might in April if they hold any :/
    mine was pretty similar! Nice to know its not just me....

ReputationRep:
    I have heard absolutely nothing at all form them! Im starting to hyperventilate and majorly panic! Particularly because I ordered a prospectus from them about five times and got nothing, in the end I "permanently borrowed" the one from the school library! Is any body else in a similar position??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bex.13)
    I have heard absolutely nothing at all form them! Im starting to hyperventilate and majorly panic! Particularly because I ordered a prospectus from them about five times and got nothing, in the end I "permanently borrowed" the one from the school library! Is any body else in a similar position??
    I know exactly what you mean about the prospectus. I kept ordering one online and got given a reference number a few times but it never arrived. Eventually, i decided to phone up and request for one.

ReputationRep:
    no news is still good news! Good Luck!

ReputationRep:
    1) Neither have most people on this thread. They interviewed few people and gave few offers before the break. Since the break they have been pretty much silent. We are in mid january, and still have 1.5 months to go, so don't worry if you havent heard anything.

2) If little things like this make you hyperventilate and panic then perhaps you need to concentrate on calming yourself down first. We're all waiting.

Edit: If you neg me, at least have the balls to post why.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .eXe)
    2) If little things like this make you hyperventilate and panic then perhaps you need to concentrate on calming yourself down first. We're all waiting.
    Completely agree. If I were one the admissions board of the universities I think I'd make a determined effort to match applicants with forum personas. Especially for those 9-THC posts!

There's no point worrying about that which we can no longer do anything about, is there?

S.

ReputationRep:
    i am in exactly the same position. :L apart from i still havent had the prospectus its good to know i'm not alone!!
    I'm not going to let myself worry about it, got bigger fish to fry!! (exams :L) besides it wont affect their decision if we worry so theres no point!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 622873)
    Hey, have any grads out there been offered interviews yet?:lep:
    Not yet. I'm still waiting patiently.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 20, 2013
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.