The Student Room Group

BSMS Medicine Applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 980
I too have been reserve listed, does anyone know the realistic chances of us listed people actually get an interview and or offer??
Reply 981
There is a graduate applicant on NMM who has been given an interview. Its began fellow grads!:smile: :s-smilie: :eek:
Reply 982
ahhhhhh! fellow grad here1 no news yet, think i may have a heart attack waiting for a response!
Reply 983
Original post by bex.13
I too have been reserve listed, does anyone know the realistic chances of us listed people actually get an interview and or offer??

what you said ^^ and also has anyone heard of anyone who has been given an offer/interview who has been on the reserve list in previous years??
Original post by heeeello
just got a letter from bsms saying im on the waiting list :frown:

Original post by bex.13

Original post by heeeello
what you said ^^ and also has anyone heard of anyone who has been given an offer/interview who has been on the reserve list in previous years??

There are a few people on the 2011 stalking page who got offers after being put on the waiting list :smile:
Reply 985
I've just been rejected as well (I'm a resit applicant) :redface: Disappointed obviously but I got an offer today as well though so balances things out! At least I can say I've heard back from everywhere now :wink:
Reply 986
Original post by Kidneyjean
There are a few people on the 2011 stalking page who got offers after being put on the waiting list :smile:

This makes me feel so much better!!!! Fingers crossed then listed people :biggrin:
Original post by Crowned Temmy

Original post by Crowned Temmy
Got rejected today by BSMS without interview. I don't know why I got rejected. It can't be because of my personal statement or reference ( Both are highly commended by other medical schools). I am a reapplicant (I have achieved my A levels) and I got 3 A*s (Chem, Maths, physics) and A in Bio. I achieved A in GCSE English and I'm currently doing GCSE Maths. I don't have other GCSEs because I didn't do my secondary school in UK.
I meet all their requirements but I don't understand why they've rejected me. I'm so devastated right now. Does BSMS pick students randomly without looking into their application?

Strange that you already have an A* in maths A level, but you're sitting maths GCSE now. They do state in their website, however, that 'If you apply to us having already obtained your entry-level qualification, then your assessment will be based primarily on this profile rather than on GCSE/AS levels,' so this shouldn't be a problem.

What could be the problem (despite your belief) is the personal statement; different medical schools look for different things, so you can't expect that what is a good statement to one school is equally as brilliant at other schools.

Either way, supposing your statement was so commended, then I presume you've already had other interviews/offers?
Interview next Wednesday! Quite surprised actually... my UKCAT isn't amazing and my A levels aren't top class. Perhaps it was my PS?
Reply 989
Original post by CraigKirk
If it's personality traits you're after, look here.

Everything else is on that same website. :smile:

Thank you for the link and good luck to everyone with their applications!
Reply 990
I've got my interview on saturday!
Any tips? I've heard it's fairly relaxed, is that the case?
Thanksss!!
Reply 991
Original post by ZeeBurb
Thanksss!!

me too!! looking forward to seeing all Saturday interviewees!
Good luck on Saturday guys :biggrin:
Original post by ZeeBurb
Thanksss!!

If you dont mind me asking, how did you find out?via post or emial?
Reply 994
Original post by idkwattodoanymore
If you dont mind me asking, how did you find out?via post or emial?

I got the email first, then letter :smile:
Reply 995
Hi I'm a graduate and i got rejected this afternoon
Reply 996
Original post by 622873
Hi I'm a graduate and i got rejected this afternoon

Sorry to hear about ur rejection! Did u receive it by email? I'm also a graduate waiting to hear, what are ur stats? I hear Brighton base heavy emphasis on personal statement maybe u should call them for feedback good luck with ur other applications x
Reply 997
Original post by lisa101
Sorry to hear about ur rejection! Did u receive it by email? I'm also a graduate waiting to hear, what are ur stats? I hear Brighton base heavy emphasis on personal statement maybe u should call them for feedback good luck with ur other applications x

Hey, I just got an email from UCAS thats all. Im predicted a 1st in medical biochemistry. Did the IB previosuly which wasnt too great. UKCAT 628. Am going to call them in the morning. I get the impression that a lot of reapplicants get interviews at BSMS. I think this definantly suggests that the point system that is used works in your favour if you have results on paper. Good luck to you too!

As for PS
I have 1 week GP placement
4x 1 week hospital shadowing
2weeks volunteering special needs school
6 months volunteering in A and E
3 months volunteering in a rest home
3 years experience as a swimming teacher
swam at welsh junior level
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 998
Original post by ZeeBurb

Original post by ZeeBurb
Thanksss!!

What are you guys wearing, suits (for the guys), smart attire (for the ladies) I assume?
Reply 999
Original post by parnie101
What are you guys wearing, suits (for the guys), smart attire (for the ladies) I assume?

I'm not wearing a suit, they said to wear smart casual so no suit for me. Will u be wering one?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending