The Student Room Group

BSMS Medicine Applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1080
Original post by andrewpeters
Anyone else find that they asked soo many questions? I got at least 15.

yeah asked me a lot too, but my answers were long so I dunno how many more they couldve possibly asked me :s-smilie:
Reply 1081
Original post by MAMDS1993
Don't worry! I believe in fate and I say that whatever happens, it will happen for a reason..so dont worry! I have 3 rejections, 2 pre-interview and 1 post so this is basically my only hope! I'm not worried though, if its meant to be it will be!

Yeah I believe that too! But this is my third and final time applying to Med so here's hoping this is the year! Sorry to hear about your rejections. Where else did you apply to?
Reply 1082
Don't worry! I believe in fate and I say that whatever happens, it will happen for a reason..so dont worry! I have 3 rejections, 2 pre-interview and 1 post so this is basically my only hope! I'm not worried though, if its meant to be it will be!

Hey mate when was your bsms interview? and you'r intl right (if I remember correctly :s-smilie:)
Reply 1083
Anyone else find that they asked soo many questions? I got at least 15.

Yeah I was asked a lot too but my answers were also quite long (hope I didn't digress too much!)
Original post by .eXe
Hey mate when was your bsms interview? and you'r intl right (if I remember correctly :s-smilie:)

Yep, I'm international..im assuming we're the only two on this thread?? Interview was alright, they asked me 12-13 questions too, but similar to all of you my answers were long! They did try to challenge my opinions at times, but I stuck by what I said! The interview wasn't too difficult in particular, just long and they did ask me loads about my work experience and what I had learnt! Some stuff about NHS, hope my answers were convincing because I am not too familiar with the NHS having never lived in UK!
Original post by Dolly_D
Yeah I believe that too! But this is my third and final time applying to Med so here's hoping this is the year! Sorry to hear about your rejections. Where else did you apply to?

Applied to UEA, Birmingham and HYMS! Birmingham and UEA rejected pre-interview! HYMS was post...im pretty sure the article messed me up in that interview!
Original post by Dolly_D

I really hope you get in this time :smile: and you will keep faith!
Reply 1087
I really hope you get in this time :smile: and you will keep faith!

Thanks. Good luck to you too!
Reply 1088
Did anyone else get asked LOADS of NHS questions on their interview?

I definitely did.
Reply 1089
Original post by Soouzums

I definitely did.

not me, wasn't asked a single nhs question. but i am international so i got asked a lot about the my health system
Did they say we should hear back by April?
Original post by Soouzums

I definitely did.

I got asked one :s They asked me quite a bit about my ECs!
Original post by .eXe
not me, wasn't asked a single nhs question. but i am international so i got asked a lot about the my health system

yeah the person that asked me the NHS question, didnt know I was international I think it was the student..but the other two interviewers asked me stuff abt working in an entirely private healthcare setting like in my country and I believed I tackled that pretty well!
Yeah I got asked where I would fund in the NHS as they said I've been promoted to the position of Health Minister. Move aside Andrew Lainsley.
Reply 1094
Yeah I got asked where I would fund in the NHS as they said I've been promoted to the position of Health Minister. Move aside Andrew Lainsley.

thank god they didnt ask me such things, i wouldve cried lol
Original post by .eXe
thank god they didnt ask me such things, i wouldve cried lol

i thought it was quite a nice question to be honest, i just gave 3 areas where i would specifically increase funding and elaborated.
Reply 1096
i thought it was quite a nice question to be honest, i just gave 3 areas where i would specifically increase funding and elaborated.

yeah it's a good question if you know what you're talking about but I am not that familiar with the NHS, since I am intl applicant. I tried to learn as much as I could but unfortunately, during the stress of interview, you can only remember so much. thankfully they only asked me about my country's system and I answered those well (hopefully).
Original post by .eXe
yeah it's a good question if you know what you're talking about but I am not that familiar with the NHS, since I am intl applicant. I tried to learn as much as I could but unfortunately, during the stress of interview, you can only remember so much. thankfully they only asked me about my country's system and I answered those well (hopefully).

Yeah I understand...its hard to learn something under pressure especially a healthcare system you aren't familiar with! I met a southafrican student who got an offer, she got some NHS questions but she simply said my knowledge of the NHS is quite limited but this is what I know..so I am guessing they understand that we haven't been exposed to such a system! Atleast in canada, you guys have some sort of public healthcare system, in Tanzania we don't have nothing! If you are poor you die, its as cruel as that!
At BSMS, are you offered AAA (for A level students), or can you also get in if you get A*AB?
Original post by brighteyes1994
At BSMS, are you offered AAA (for A level students), or can you also get in if you get A*AB?

Yup, their standard offer usually includes A*AB, but chemistry and biology must be at an A-grade (i.e. you can only get a B in the unspecified third subject).

Quick Reply

Latest