Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Appropriate gifts for driving instructor? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Great Lord Xenu)
    I like the fact that TSR users refer to each other as "brothers" now.
    I don't... it'd feel incestrious talking dirty to other TSR'ers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crazycake93)
    I don't... it'd feel incestrious talking dirty to other TSR'ers
    Wincestuous.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Great Lord Xenu)
    Wincestuous.
    Yes Lord Xemu... ermm... it's about time to get in those DC-8's, what d'ya think?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shinytoy)
    its ok, i've passed now
    haha yeah so that makes you safe.

anyway, although my driving instructor hinted that one of his other pupils got him some car cufflinks as a gift, i decided to get him nothing because he was an arrogant, racist git. i had many arguments with him while i was leaning to drive. he was a ********.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pumpkin7)
    haha yeah so that makes you safe.

anyway, although my driving instructor hinted that one of his other pupils got him some car cufflinks as a gift, i decided to get him nothing because he was an arrogant, racist git. i had many arguments with him while i was leaning to drive. he was a ********.
    urrrgh. if anyone asks or hints at a present, i never get them anything. how rude and presumptuous.:mad:

anyway guys, i got this for the instructor.

http://www.activitysuperstore.com/ul...hoice/driving/

he is a young guy only 25 and much better than most instructors i've heard of. it seems a good present. very expensive but when i compare that to the £200 I wold have had to pay if i had to book another test and lessons, it isnt much

ReputationRep:
    Got my driving instructor a 30 MPH sign after a farmer when cutting the hedge cut it off with a industrial hedge trimmer. I had it framed and it looked pretty awesome if I do say so myself

ReputationRep:
    I was actually quite impressed with this troll. Nice and subtle, just the way it should be.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gingerrninja)
    Got my driving instructor a 30 MPH sign after a farmer when cutting the hedge cut it off with a industrial hedge trimmer. I had it framed and it looked pretty awesome if I do say so myself
    ok so you vandalised and stole a road sign and then thought that would make a good gift...

ReputationRep:
    my tests were:
    1st - 18M, 3S
    2nd - 15M 3S
    3rd - 11M 2S
    4th - 9M 1S
    5th - 1D, 1S, 10M (Colchester - 38% pass rate, nearly crashed at some crossroads)
    6th - 2D, 8M (Ipswich - 50% pass rate, nearly hit a lorry and a brick wall)
    7th - 6M (mounted two kerbs and near miss with lorry)

If you add up all these, you've actually got enough faults to fail 18 times. Maybe you passed automatically by averaging less than one narrowly avoided accident for every two tests?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gingerrninja)
    omg this is actually AWESOME. that is like the best present EVER.

(Original post by DominF)
    I was actually quite impressed with this troll. Nice and subtle, just the way it should be.
    why is this a troll? did you get your instructor a gift?

(Original post by Potally_Tissed)
    If you add up all these, you've actually got enough faults to fail 18 times. Maybe you passed automatically by averaging less than one narrowly avoided accident for every two tests?
    look man, i improved and i passed. OK???? :mad:

ReputationRep:
    i improved and i passed. OK???? :mad:
    From what you've said earlier in this and other threads, only one of those things is true.

ReputationRep:
    its ok, i've passed now
    You might have passed but that doesn't make you a good driver. Still, I shouldn't judge, I'm terrible. Keep practising and don't go mad on the road; you should be fine.

The driving experiences are great and there are a few discounts going around at the moment. I bought my Mum an Aston Martin one for her birthday. I think the cheapest package you can get is about £50.

ReputationRep:
    do you think i will always be a terrible driver? ive had 4 hours a week for one and a half years. i have to drive cos of work. i dont know what to do. it seems no matter how many lessons i have i dont get any better.

im scared of my own driving
    . on the way to the test centre on the day i passed, the instrucotr had to use the dual controls twice. its my spatial awareness. i just cant judge things very well and it isnt getting any better. i dont know what to do im pretty sure i will have an accident.

im gonna do pass plus for sure, but thats only 2 hours long of night driving in a motorway. im not gonna improve in 2 hours. what can you advise? i cant really phone up a driving school and say hey i just passed but i need more lessons, can i ? and what if i secretly have dypraxia or something which is why im so terrible?
    Take pass plus right now for god sake! I'd quite like to feel safe whilst driving that someone wont assume theres a 2 metre gap between themselves and me when actually its 2cm :| and im sure if your driving instructor wanted to help you out that much to pass your test he's not going to pass up on the opportunity of earning more money by taking you out so you can get used to it.

ReputationRep:
    urrrgh. if anyone asks or hints at a present, i never get them anything. how rude and presumptuous.:mad:

anyway guys, i got this for the instructor.

http://www.activitysuperstore.com/ul...hoice/driving/

he is a young guy only 25 and much better than most instructors i've heard of. it seems a good present. very expensive but when i compare that to the £200 I wold have had to pay if i had to book another test and lessons, it isnt much
    Nice.

It's a shame, 'cause you can get them much cheaper than that. Still, at least he has a choice.

ReputationRep:
    if you are a girl a blowjob

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ahoward)
    Take pass plus right now for god sake! I'd quite like to feel safe whilst driving that someone wont assume theres a 2 metre gap between themselves and me when actually its 2cm :| and im sure if your driving instructor wanted to help you out that much to pass your test he's not going to pass up on the opportunity of earning more money by taking you out so you can get used to it.
    Take the pass plus and the skid pad training as well. I can fully sympathise with being aware of spaces though - I struggle a bit with that too. It sounds like you just need more practise, so if you're commited to the cause, book a few more lessons with your instructor or get a friend/family member to take you out in your own car if you've got one.

ReputationRep:
    gave mine a box of celebrations :lolwut:

after i passed obviously

ReputationRep:
    Too inappropriate?

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    My uncle is a driving instructor and he genuinely has so much chocolate from students that he could turn his house into Cadbury World.
    I'd say then that chocolate is a safe gift based on that, and can easily be regifted by the recipient...wine seems a bit of a no-no because everyone's tastes are so different.

So its chocolate/biscuits/a CD of driving music (40-50+)/ironic fluffy dice

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.