Turn on thread page Beta

Appropriate gifts for driving instructor? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shinytoy)
    - people will not waste money having 10+ hours of lessons between tests
    You failed six times, wasting a lot of money by doing so. Maybe you should have had some more lessons.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Potally_Tissed)
    You failed six times, wasting a lot of money by doing so. Maybe you should have had some more lessons.
    10 lessons x £25 per hour lesson = £250
    OR
    test fee = £62-£75

even including hire of instructor's car @ £25, still the random test costs less

for 6 tests including hire of instructors car for one hour = (62+25) x 6 = £522

VS: 10 hours of lessons between tests assuming with lessons i passed on round 3 instead of round 7

10 x £25 x 2 = £500 plus 3 x £62 test fee + £25 car hire = £761

total savings : £761 - £522 = £261

ReputationRep:
    Thankyou card?
    I never got mine anything.Just said thankyou very much. Or something like that.:p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shinytoy)
    errrrm::::The examiner say, as i stated above 'there COULD HAVE BEEN a pedestrian' not that there was one. Maybe if someone had been there i would have failed. And i only mounted it a little to go round the lorry cos both cars couldnt fit.
    I said POTENTIALLY killing/injuring a pedestrian. If you ever get in a situation like it again which you most probably will there could be a pedestrian there next time.

ReputationRep:
    I would have liked to have just bought my instructor a card and a box of chocolates, but my grandmother had other ideas... she decided to buy my instructor an expensive necklace, which I refused to give to her. However, when I passed my test and the instructor took me home, my granny came running out with the necklace, chocolates, wine and card.... I don't think I've ever been so embarassed in my life... my driving instructor obviously felt uncomfortable too. When I started my PassPlus course, she then wore the necklace, i'm guessing because she felt so had too - so utterly embarassing. I wanted to die !

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fwed1)
    ok so you vandalised and stole a road sign and then thought that would make a good gift...
    Sorry didnt see the reply if you read it a farmer Cut of the sign from the post with a hedge trimmer it was bent and I would say unfit for purpose in its current form. And my instructor loved it so yeah I was happy with it

ReputationRep:
    I got mine a card, a novelty mug and some chocolates!
    But i guess you owe him something bigger if he's risked his life teaching you :P

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.