Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I was watching PMQ's the other day and after David Cameron congratulated Ed Miliband on his engagement he joked "When I was leader of the opposition, I would have done anything to have a honeymoon. He probably feels the same way." To which everyone immediately started laughing hysterically. This has been really annoying me, I just don't get it at all! Am I missing something? The joke was also quoted in loads of newspapers as well, which makes me think surely I must be missing something obvious. Please help :confused:

ReputationRep:
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/poli...-best-man.html

read down a bit, it explains there
    thank god he hasn't tried stand-up

ReputationRep:
    Not really that funny

ReputationRep:
    they probably laughed so hard at this unfunny joke just to kiss his ass.

negger - just because you would of laughed hard at this joke so you could get closer to sucking david's penis, doesn' mean you have to neg me in anger.

ReputationRep:
    The person who laughs the hardest gets a seat in the next Cabinet...
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Who cares? Most of the MP's in the commons use any excuse to make animal like noises anyway.

ReputationRep:
    It's called brown nosing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aj12)
    Who cares? Most of the MP's in the commons use any excuse to make animal like noises anyway.
    :lol: Literally?

ReputationRep:
    I've seen dead squirrels on the road that were funnier than that joke.

Watching that absolute retard trying to crack a joke is cringing, and don't get me started on his archaic, ass-sniffing colleagues.

ReputationRep:
    I still don't get it!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by benzene)
    I still don't get it!!!
    A honeymoon period is the period of goodwill given to a leader when he starts off. The PM is implying that Miliband failed to get one, so has opted for a literal honeymoon instead.

It's not bad as Parliamentary jibes go.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by L i b)
    A honeymoon period is the period of goodwill given to a leader when he starts off. The PM is implying that Miliband failed to get one, so has opted for a literal honeymoon instead.

It's not bad as Parliamentary jibes go.
    Not a very high standard to go by though. PMQ is worse than Model UN with primary school children.

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.