Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    This is just a thread to gather opinion from current year 12s who will be affected (and anyone else who wants to chip in )

(1) Will you be put off university by the prospect of most universities charging fees of £9,000?
    (2) Will this make you consider not going to university?
    (3) Or would you consider going to a university with lower fees?
    (4) How do you think this will effect access?
    (5) Do you know much about funding options available to you / when you have to pay back your loan?

This is to gather pilot information for a potential dissertation regarding access to higher education.

So if you reply, could you state what kind of school you are from, and whether you expect any financial help from your parents. (Please don't feel obliged to share this ).

Sorry if there is a similar thread to this already, but a fresh one won't hurt .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by comicbookgirl)
    This is just a thread to gather opinion from current year 12s who will be affected (and anyone else who wants to chip in )

(1) Will you be put off university by the prospect of most universities charging fees of £9,000?
    No, it will be worth it

(2) Will this make you consider not going to university?
    No

(3) Or would you consider going to a university with lower fees?
    No, if you're going to invest 3 years and time and money into a degree may as well get it in a good uni (most of the good ones will charge the max)

(4) How do you think this will effect access?
    I think quite a few will be put off by this which is a shame as a lot of people have the potential and want to go to uni but are misinformed about how the loan system works.

(5) Do you know much about funding options available to you / when you have to pay back your loan?
    I am lucky enough to have my parents pay for me but I know that I am in a minority and I understand how fortunate I am.
    This is to gather pilot information for a potential dissertation regarding access to higher education.

So if you reply, could you state what kind of school you are from, and whether you expect any financial help from your parents. (Please don't feel obliged to share this ).

Sorry if there is a similar thread to this already, but a fresh one won't hurt .
    Bye x

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Will you be tempted to trade up and get out of your firm offer on results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.