Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Where should I go.I'm having trouble deciding ETH,Zurich or KTH,Stockholm.
    I've admits from both universities.
    Please help!

From what I heard (source: exchange students):
    + money
    -/+ not all faculities in town
    - high living costs
    - selection of students during first year (expect failure rates of 50%)
    + Scandinavian Winter
    + more relaxed atmosphere, so more student friendly, exspecially if your motivation decreases under to much pressure, I would recommand to go to KTH, as the Swedish system is very student friendly (e.g. often no time pressure during exams)
    - high living costs
    - less money than ETH (that can of course vary), regarding research or student groups (no carbon with formula student)

Nevetheless a tough choice.

What do you like about ETH?
    What do you like about KTH?

Have you ever been to Switzerland or Sweden?

I don't know much about ETH, but I used to live in Switzerland and I am from Sweden.
    As for winters, Swiss and Swedish winters are very similar.
    For the majority of exams, you do have a set time limit. The only thing I would personally say that makes Swedish universities a bit more relaxed is that you can do resits and still have the chance to score the highest mark. But you do have time limits.
Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 6, 2011
Have you ever experienced racism/sexism at uni?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.