Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    What I'd really like, is to be cremated and put in a family grave. When I went to Japan I saw a lot of them, there would be a very large polished stone grave which would have the Mum and Dad, and then beneath them are their children, and their children's spouses, and their children's children etc.

I daren't raise the idea with my family though, it would be ridiculously expensive and elaborate to do :P I think it would be really nice to all be together. I don't mind whether I am cremated or buried, as long as I'm not on my own. I don't want to be alone in a graveyard surrounded by strangers.

ReputationRep:
    Get cremated that way we can build more buildings in the future knowing they are not taken up by a grave.

ReputationRep:
    I do not care. I have requested of my parents that a funeral not be held, though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sabertooth)
    I hate the idea of a gravestone. When I die I want to be eradicated from the earth entirely; so cremated and set free somewhere, definitely not put in the ground and the space marked. I don't care about worms or anything I just hate that in 100 years someone will wander along and see my name there.
    But won't your name live on in the history books as the great and terrible ruler of all the Western world?

ReputationRep:
    Mummified!

But seriously, I was just gonna go with burial. Can't say any option is particularly attractive, but I also doubt I'll be too picky once dead.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by superwolf)
    But won't your name live on in the history books as the great and terrible ruler of all the Western world?
    Unless it happens pretty soon, probably not. Though if so, I'd be one of those rulers no one dare even speak my name. :cool: Some country had emperors like that? Japan?

ReputationRep:
    I mentioned the fact that I'd probably prefer cremation to my parents shortly after I got my organ donor card and was talking about that.

Viking burial!

ReputationRep:
    I cant stand the thought of being buried, i wanted to be cremated and have my ashes scattered, but my family is muslim, and they were not pleased when i told them. :sad: With my luck, i'll end up having my corpse sent to pakistan via PIA to be buried in a field with cows crapping over my grave.

ReputationRep:
    neither hopefully get my body to space and give it a nudge and let it drift through empty space

ReputationRep:
    Throw me in the nearest skip for all I care.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Good bloke)
    Perhaps you don't realise it but your body has to be disposed of either by cremation by the hospital or by burial (after the body is returned to your family) after three years. They won't normally accept your body if it has had a post mortem examination or had major organs removed.
    Cremation afterwards it is then!

Come to think of it, a sky burial would be awesome.

ReputationRep:
    I prefer the idea of burial, even though it's a bit of a waste of space. I'd like my body to be returning to the earth, as it were. I'd like to be buried somewhere beautiful and isolated and have a tree planted over me, but I expect you'd have to do it in a designated graveyard

Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.