Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by medtobe)
    It will be nice if you can add what you do afte the lectures, like whether you revise soon afterwards(if so hw long) or hang out with friends and the revise.
    And what ECs you take part in.
    How many days you go out, etc.
    Well, I have an exam on Friday and I'm yet to start revision. I have a write up due tomorrow (2000 words) which I simply cannot seem to start. Instead I've convinced my flatmate to start playing an online game with me. This way, I'll have somebody to keep me company when everyone is doing something productive.

I don't revise during the week. I've crammed every exam a week before and passed everything (albeit only by 3-6%). I've missed loads of lectures. I've missed a few PBLs. I've missed two medsocs. I didn't go to anything today when I had 2 lectures, a class, a microanatomy and a learning landscape.

I normally chill with friends, go out and get pissed, catch up with old friends over CSS/WoW/LoL with vent/mumble. I go out maybe once or twice a week. I visit my girlfriend or she comes up most weekends.

Basically, don't worry about the workload. It's really not that much different to A levels. Don't get me wrong, there are some mad workers in my year. If you really want to you can revise every day for an hour to cover your lectures, you could do all your PBLs (take about two hours each, we have two a week).

I'm just not one of those people. For my moduler exams (which are very hard to fail unless you're a total plank) I don't care if I get a merit or a distinction or a pass. I'm happy to just pass and have a good time. I'm hoping to really knuckle down for my end of years because ranking in those will eventually count towards my MTAS (if it's around still. Whatever replaces it will probably still include my quartile). Whether or not I actually will... That's a different story.

(Original post by lekky)
    I don't like your timetable :no: .. it's too... full
    I think I only make it to about 45% of that.

EDIT: Neg, wtf?

ReputationRep:
    I don't have typical medical student weeks anymore. I have doctor weeks which are much tougher than I found (Oxford) medical school... but you get paid.

(Original post by medtobe)
    I know each week will be different to another.
    But normally what do you do in a week.

the lectures you have?
    the revision you do .
    the time you spend with your friends and all.

thank you

State your medical school too, if you dnt mind.
    How the **** should I know, its been ages.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elles)
    I don't have typical medical student weeks anymore. I have doctor weeks which are much tougher than I found (Oxford) medical school... but you get paid.
    I am amused that someone thought this was neggable... & Jamie's post too! We were part of the mass quote spree from the OP & kindly took the time to reply. :bawling:

Of course, if any other Oxford grads want to comment that they found it harder than working as a doctor then bring it. :p:

(Original post by Elles)
    I am amused that someone thought this was neggable... & Jamie's post too! We were part of the mass quote spree from the OP & kindly took the time to reply. :bawling:

Of course, if any other Oxford grads want to comment that they found it harder than working as a doctor then bring it. :p:
    meh, they can suck my post membership doctor balls

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.