Turn on thread page Beta

why chinese student feel so piss off when we are comparing india and china watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by H.JJJ)
    Not likely. India has many years to go before it can take over the Chinese like that. Layman's terms here: The social welfare and spread of wealth between Indian citizens is immense. Corruption is rife (In both countries) and infrastructure in India - while improving - remains a huge issue. The effects of growth in India are only seen by a few, not every citizen benefits from it. To be fair, the wealth gap between the poor and rich is growing even more. But the Indian govt is trying to address that.

And yes - they are VERY different from one another. But I don't see why the Chinese student the OP mentioned got pissy about it.
    Did I mention anything about the spread of social wealth and poverty etc?

From a PURE economics perspective, India is already outgrowing China on a real ex-rate basis, with its hybrid GDP to inflation protected spread (i.e. on currency exchange) already about 4x the value of the China. Add to that (as I already said), that China has PAINFUL corrections to go through (liberlisation of its markets, currency de-pegging from the dollar and an aging demographic) and India is easily on the path to becoming the largest economic powerhouse in the world.

Of course there are still issues with poverty and corruption etc, but it'll hopefully address these issues as it begins to grow, much like China did throughout its earlier stages. The IC from BRIC, alongside the US, are the new modern economic powers at play in the world.

ReputationRep:
    well to be frank chinese from america , singapore , taiwan and developed country are proud to be chinese but when you group them together with chinese national. they get pissed.

i guess its more of national pride then real racism. Afterall the chinese communist party have a serious propaganda machine! Most Chinese national i spoke too are really proud of china and believe it "power" like how they "won" the korean war and that their army and navy > the united states one

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by manchild007)
    Did I mention anything about the spread of social wealth and poverty etc?

From a PURE economics perspective, India is already outgrowing China on a real ex-rate basis, with its hybrid GDP to inflation protected spread (i.e. on currency exchange) already about 4x the value of the China. Add to that (as I already said), that China has PAINFUL corrections to go through (liberlisation of its markets, currency de-pegging from the dollar and an aging demographic) and India is easily on the path to becoming the largest economic powerhouse in the world.

Of course there are still issues with poverty and corruption etc, but it'll hopefully address these issues as it begins to grow, much like China did throughout its earlier stages. The IC from BRIC, alongside the US, are the new modern economic powers at play in the world.
    and oh india still as a long way to go ! simple because of the lack of a unified language and india itself has several regional issue within itself

ReputationRep:
    To be honest I've never realised a rift between Chinese and Indians. But saying that India's a great country, so if anything Chinese should be happy with being compared to Indians. My experience with Chinese people is that they tend to keep themselves to themselves.

ReputationRep:
    Be careful, I heard they sacrifice goats there!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hobnob)
    People are comparing China and India? Have I missed something?:confused:
    Well, the OP certainly does. As soon as I saw this thread I got a very strange sense of deja vu.....

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...php?p=30545608

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...php?p=30492689

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...php?p=30492539

I can appreciate that you wanted help in making your decision and I am pleased that you have now made your decision. But I really don't see what you're trying to achieve with this thread and why you continue with comparing the two?

Apart from both being in the same continent, have large populations, and expected to be the two largest economies in a number of years, I really don't see what else is similar to them. Both have completely different languages, India is a parliamentary democracy, China is a single party (Communist) state, they have different religions - largely, India was once part of the British Empire, China has never formally been part of a European Empire....

If you're going around constantly comparing the two countries, and calling both Chinese and Indian people "Chindians" then of course this will piss them off. They're competely different countries.

As this doesn't belong in General University Discussion (it is not related to universities at all, let alone universities in the UK) and I don't think if would generate much constructive discussion outside universities, I'm afraid I'm closing this thread. If you must still discuss this then please create a thread in the international forum. But, if you do, please make sure that it is more coherent than this one. The forum can be found here

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=363

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 4, 2011
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.