Turn on thread page Beta

My mum's phoned a helpline about my dad watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lassilsa)
    I went into the kitchen this morning and heard my mum in the other room crying on the phone to one of those helplines saying that my dad's putting her through mental cruelty because he keeps giving my sister spending money. They kept putting her through to other helplines though and I don't think she got anywhere. She hates my sister and doesn't want either her or my dad to have anything to do with her, but my dad keeps going behind her back and giving her money. She called the police a few years ago because my sister came up the house screaming saying, 'I WANT SOME ****ING MONEEEY' and kept calling my mum a **** and a whore when she said no, I've only got enough money for the bills. But the police just said, 'don't give her any money then', when they could hear her getting abusive in the background.

I don't know what to say to my mum because I don't like my sister either. What can I do to help?
    How old is your sister?

ReputationRep:
    can i have your dad?

mines so tight he wouldnt give you the skin off hot milk

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by angryvivo)
    you sister needs a slap, tell your mom that. I am guessing you're white/british because if your family were an ethnic min. your sister woulda been slapped a few years ago by now
    this ^^^^. if she was ethnic, she would have got some cuffs when she was small she would be too scared to dare shout at her mom. western people that have this problem, NOT becuase they are too soft and generally dont hit their kids, but because they dont discipline them at all. kids need discipline - it need not be violence but they need directing and a good example to follow. they need a stable family background, and to be taught the value of an education, respecting family and hard works.

ethnic family

Kid: mom please can i have money to go get some sweets on the way to play foot ball with my friends in the park? my whole class is going?
    Dad: No!!! *slaps hard* go to your room and do homework!!! if you have no homework go study mathsssss!!!! and dont come out for at least 5 hours, i want to hear the calculator WORKINGGG
    Kid: ok dad

>>fast forward ten years

Kid: Dad, would you like a lift to the golf course, im going out in my new Porsche to my job at at Actuarial Limited
    Dad: Good boy to give your father a lift when he is an old man.

western-style family

Mom: ok kiddo, i've left £10 on the table. go play in the park with your friends, get some ice creams or chips or something for dinner and dont come home til late. im off to the pub with my new boyfriend steve. you havent met him yet, but you'll like him much better than dave from last week.
    kid: ok mom

ten years later

Kid: MOMMMMM I NEED ***** MONEYYYY!!! my baby daddy wont give me any and my weekly dole has run out!!!!! darn it i wish i had a rich boyfriend. shame my one GCSE wont get me very far in life.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lassilsa)
    I went into the kitchen this morning and heard my mum in the other room crying on the phone to one of those helplines saying that my dad's putting her through mental cruelty because he keeps giving my sister spending money. They kept putting her through to other helplines though and I don't think she got anywhere. She hates my sister and doesn't want either her or my dad to have anything to do with her, but my dad keeps going behind her back and giving her money. She called the police a few years ago because my sister came up the house screaming saying, 'I WANT SOME ****ING MONEEEY' and kept calling my mum a **** and a whore when she said no, I've only got enough money for the bills. But the police just said, 'don't give her any money then', when they could hear her getting abusive in the background.

I don't know what to say to my mum because I don't like my sister either. What can I do to help?
    I take it you sister didn't go to uni.........HUGE failure. I question why she even exists. And you mum is even worse. Because i KNOW she didn't go uni. She should not exists either.

So your family is a bunch of failure's.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shinytoy)
    this ^^^^. if she was ethnic, she would have got some cuffs when she was small she would be too scared to dare shout at her mom. western people that have this problem, NOT becuase they are too soft and generally dont hit their kids, but because they dont discipline them at all. kids need discipline - it need not be violence but they need directing and a good example to follow. they need a stable family background, and to be taught the value of an education, respecting family and hard works.

ethnic family

Kid: mom please can i have money to go get some sweets on the way to play foot ball with my friends in the park? my whole class is going?
    Dad: No!!! *slaps hard* go to your room and do homework!!! if you have no homework go study mathsssss!!!! and dont come out for at least 5 hours, i want to hear the calculator WORKINGGG
    Kid: ok dad

>>fast forward ten years

Kid: Dad, would you like a lift to the golf course, im going out in my new Porsche to my job at at Actuarial Limited
    Dad: Good boy to give your father a lift when he is an old man.

western-style family

Mom: ok kiddo, i've left £10 on the table. go play in the park with your friends, get some ice creams or chips or something for dinner and dont come home til late. im off to the pub with my new boyfriend steve. you havent met him yet, but you'll like him much better than dave from last week.
    kid: ok mom

ten years later

Kid: MOMMMMM I NEED ***** MONEYYYY!!! my baby daddy wont give me any and my weekly dole has run out!!!!! darn it i wish i had a rich boyfriend. shame my one GCSE wont get me very far in life.
    Ethnic families are getting to be as similar as those you mentioned in western-styled families.

Definitely see it happening in my family. You've probably never seen kids and parents fight over a previous generation fortune yet.... especially where there was a wealthy Chinese grandparent....... the fights get even worse than those you read on here.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Constantlystressedstudent)
    I take it you sister didn't go to uni.........HUGE failure. I question why she even exists. And you mum is even worse. Because i KNOW she didn't go uni. She should not exists either.

So your family is a bunch of failure's.
    -and I question which, if any, university let you in - your spelling and grammar are shocking!

'you sister'
    starting a sentence with And
    No use of the question mark for a question
    'you mum'
    small i
    starting a sentence with because, without another consequential sentence
    'exists' instead of 'exist'
    inappropriate use of the apostrophe.

ReputationRep:
    Talk to her about it.

ReputationRep:
    slap her. and

(Original post by Evangelica)
    Are they in some kind of incestuous relationship?!?
    I hope not,but that's what I was thinking

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Carnivores)
    I hope not,but that's what I was thinking
    Grow up

ReputationRep:
    :pirateprincess::starwars::goaway::scrooge::lovie2:

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 6, 2011
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.