Turn on thread page Beta

Michael Jackson's Opinions on the Jews. watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Democracy)
    I was never aware of Michael Jackson's credentials as a sociologist or cultural anthropologist...here I was thinking he was a pop star...so methinks he should stick to moonwalking rather than making retarded social observations.
    he dead bro he's not going to be doing any moonwalking any more :no:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by No Future)
    I have no idea. I was negged for saying that Jewish people were often successful, attractive and intelligent.
    I suppose that's also a stereotype of sorts (although obviously not an offensive one). I'm sure there are unsuccessful, unattractive and unintelligent Jews (I sure know some) but there is a range in the relative success, attractiveness and intelligence in any group of people. You can't expect everyone to be the same simply because they belong to said group.

Maybe its because historically we're a minority and so we feel we have to prove ourselves? I don't really know. What I've always hated is that people always seem to think Jews are behind everything that goes wrong with the world. Like suggesting that some rich Zionists actually supported Hitler or something and therefore all Jews were actually in on the Holocaust and wanted their own destruction. Yeah. Right. Or the Nazis calling Jews Bolsheviks. Yes, there may very well have been some Jews who belonged to the Communist Party. They certainly weren't going to join the Nazis now were they? Or the fact that cos one member of the opposition group that assassinated Tsar Alexander II was Jewish it MUST have been the Jews who conspired to his murder. Or that we're behind the Illuminati.

It's so stupid. Judaism is a religion. We aren't in some sick conspiracy to destroy the world and dominate the economy and politics. That's like saying all white people are racist. Historically, the majority of white people were racist - the slave trade, the science of eugenics, pre-civil rights movement America... that's not to say that ALL white people then were racist; nor does it mean that no whites are racist today. I can't stress this enough: PREJUDICE IS ALWAYS WRONG.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LaMusiqueEstMaVie)
    I suppose that's also a stereotype of sorts (although obviously not an offensive one). I'm sure there are unsuccessful, unattractive and unintelligent Jews (I sure know some) but there is a range in the relative success, attractiveness and intelligence in any group of people. You can't expect everyone to be the same simply because they belong to said group.

Maybe its because historically we're a minority and so we feel we have to prove ourselves? I don't really know. What I've always hated is that people always seem to think Jews are behind everything that goes wrong with the world. Like suggesting that some rich Zionists actually supported Hitler or something and therefore all Jews were actually in on the Holocaust and wanted their own destruction. Yeah. Right. Or the Nazis calling Jews Bolsheviks. Yes, there may very well have been some Jews who belonged to the Communist Party. They certainly weren't going to join the Nazis now were they? Or the fact that cos one member of the opposition group that assassinated Tsar Alexander II was Jewish it MUST have been the Jews who conspired to his murder. Or they're behind the Illuminati.

It's so stupid. Judaism is a religion. It's members aren't in some sick conspiracy to destroy the world and dominate the economy and politics. That's like saying all white people are racist. Historically, the majority of white people were racist - the slave trade, the science of eugenics, pre-civil rights movement America... that's not to say that ALL white people then were racist; nor does it mean that no whites are racist today. I can't stress this enough: PREJUDICE IS ALWAYS WRONG.
    I agree that it was a bit of a stereotype, but why would people be offended over a positive stereotype? Of course, not all Jews are like that.

I agree, all prejudice is wrong. I still don't understand why so many people were offended because I said my general impression of Jews was that they were successful/attractive/intelligent? That doesn't mean other races aren't too, or that all Jews are like that.

ReputationRep:
    I agree that it was a bit of a stereotype, but why would people be offended over a positive stereotype? Of course, not all Jews are like that.

I agree, all prejudice is wrong. I still don't understand why so many people were offended because I said my general impression of Jews was that they were successful/attractive/intelligent? That doesn't mean other races aren't too, or that all Jews are like that.
    I think it's more the opposite of what you're thinking. A lot of people are prejudiced against Jews and feel that we are an adversary of sorts so perhaps them negging you for saying that we are successful, etc. is just something they don't like to think of as something good. They perhaps feel that it is unfair that many Jews are successful.

I just don't understand how some people can be ignorant to such an extent that they believe stereogypes and STILL stigmatise the Jews. We're not some masterminding evil group plotting to take over the world. If there happen to be some Jews that are involved in something it doesn't mean that all Jews are therefore party to the planned demise of the world. Nor is it logical or fair to suggest so. I'm sure there are people from other groups who are just as involved with the things discussed as the Jews. Its an unfair stigmatisation.

It's like I ABSOLUTELY HATE IT when people turn round and call Muslims terrorists. Yes, the terrorists that have attacked the Western world are Muslim. Yes, they may have a basis of support from Muslims in the West. BUT NO. Not all Muslims are terrorists, nor do they all agree with the methodsused by terrorists, nor do they all agree with the cause or jihad of said terrorists. It's a generalisation again. And a dangerous one at that.

ReputationRep:

Look. It's not Jews generally but specific Jewish individuals who have a special talent for world domination and the control of money. Those that exercise a very sublime influence on how things, how society is run and maintained. I'm talking about the Rothschilds, the Rockerfellers, Jewish revolutionaries, Jewish entrepeneurs and financiers, Zionists, Jesuits, High-level Masons and the like. These people are not like those stereotypical Jews with the long beards, black hats, shouting Oy vey!

People just get confused and think that anyone who mentions Jewish bankers it must automatically pertain to those who carry out barmitzvah. It's not. These Jewish individuals are very different.

ReputationRep:
    I think it's more the opposite of what you're thinking. A lot of people are prejudiced against Jews and feel that we are an adversary of sorts so perhaps them negging you for saying that we are successful, etc. is just something they don't like to think of as something good. They perhaps feel that it is unfair that many Jews are successful.

I just don't understand how some people can be ignorant to such an extent that they believe stereogypes and STILL stigmatise the Jews. We're not some masterminding evil group plotting to take over the world. If there happen to be some Jews that are involved in something it doesn't mean that all Jews are therefore party to the planned demise of the world. Nor is it logical or fair to suggest so. I'm sure there are people from other groups who are just as involved with the things discussed as the Jews. Its an unfair stigmatisation.

It's like I ABSOLUTELY HATE IT when people turn round and call Muslims terrorists. Yes, the terrorists that have attacked the Western world are Muslim. Yes, they may have a basis of support from Muslims in the West. BUT NO. Not all Muslims are terrorists, nor do they all agree with the methodsused by terrorists, nor do they all agree with the cause or jihad of said terrorists. It's a generalisation again. And a dangerous one at that.
    I have to say I am truly shocked by how anti-Jewish the response has been on this thread e.g. positive reps for comments about "Jewish conspiracy" and the like and negative reps for any positive comments about Jews. Wtf?

I am not Jewish (but am sort of an ethnic minority) so perhaps I am somewhat naive to anti-Semitism, but I honestly believed in 2011, anti-Semitism, although it might exist in some rural backwater, was largely dead. I really cannot believe in this day and age that people are so prejudiced. I had no idea that people were still anti Jew. It is utterly nonsensical that people have these ridiculous ideas about Jews. It strikes me as very Medieval and backward. What is wrong with people?

In fact, I was so oblivious to this, that I didn't realise the basis of the thread was anti-Semitic. I seriously couldn't understand what the OP was getting at. I didn't understand why everyone was negging my post. I am shocked at the level of anti-Semitism on TSR. Honestly, this thread could not get more ****ed up if it tried. Why is this tolerated?

I also agree on the terrorist point, it's disgusting and dangerous that people make such generalizations.

I may sound naive, but I thought Jews were generally well regarded and well integrated into our society, so I am shocked to read such comments. Why are people so ignorant?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Martyn*)
    Look. It's not Jews generally but specific Jewish individuals who have a special talent for world domination and the control of money. Those that exercise a very sublime influence on how things, how society is run and maintained. I'm talking about the Rothschilds, the Rockerfellers, Jewish revolutionaries, Jewish entrepeneurs and financiers, Zionists, Jesuits, High-level Masons and the like.
    Ok, but why does it matter that they are Jewish? I've heard of the people you list and was aware that there are lots of successful Jews. Maybe they are just talented people who earned their success?

There are also wealthy and influential people who are not Jewish too.

ReputationRep:
    I have to say I am truly shocked by how anti-Jewish the response has been on this thread e.g. positive reps for comments about "Jewish conspiracy" and the like and negative reps for any positive comments about Jews. Wtf?

I am not Jewish (but am sort of an ethnic minority) so perhaps I am somewhat naive to anti-Semitism, but I honestly believed in 2011, anti-Semitism, although it might exist in some rural backwater, was largely dead. I really cannot believe in this day and age that people are so prejudiced. I had no idea that people were still anti Jew. It is utterly nonsensical that people have these ridiculous ideas about Jews. It strikes me as very Medieval and backward. What is wrong with people?

In fact, I was so oblivious to this, that I didn't realise the basis of the thread was anti-Semitic.

I also agree on the terrorist point, it's disgusting and dangerous that people make such generalizations.

I may sound naive, but I thought Jews were generally well regarded and well integrated into our society, so I am shocked to read such comments. Why are people so ignorant?
    The issue about anit-semitism has largely fell on one side. Anyone who critices Jews is branded anti-semitic. This is unfortunate. World events are orchestrated from behind the scenes and in almost every revolution whether bloody or not, the Jews have held a prominent position. There can be no doubt that anti-semitism exists, but Jews can, have done and do exploit this. Who controls the most powerfull nation on earth? Jews. They exercise such a powerful pull in America and American foreign policy. The Jews built-up America. All the major banks were funded by wealthy Jewish financiers. There is even the Star of David on the one dollar bill, and of course, Freemasonry the craft that helped to build Western Civilisation is characteristically Jewish. The influence of Jewish sensibilities and Jewish preist-craft is unprecedented and can be seen almost everywhere. And anyone who shouts "Jewish conspiracy" is branded an anti-semitic.

That is a tragedy. As if the money lenders and the money masters of the world were beyond all criticism!

Ok, but why does it matter that they are Jewish? I've heard of the people you list. Maybe they are just talented people who earned their success?

Indeed there are wealthy and influential people who are not Jewish but if you scratch a little deeper you will find that these wealthy influential Gentiles are merely means to an ends. Richard Branson is not interested in revolution. Bill Gates probably has little interest in who controls the world's resources. Does Donald Trump care about the state of Israel? We are talking about specific individuals who have the power to turn the tables of history in their favour. Individuals who fervently believe that they will inherit the earth and everyone will eventually be subject to them. It is a conspiracy. Conspiracies are not necessarily a paranoid fantasy that exists in the minds of peoples; they do exist and conspiratorial plans are executed daily in the world. We don't often see them. We are not often aware of them. But they are there both big and small, both gross and subtle.

Ok, but why does it matter that they are Jewish? I've heard of the people you list and was aware that there are lots of successful Jews. Maybe they are just talented people who earned their success?

It is not that they are Jewish, but that they are a particular type of Jewish-ness which entails the advancement of all these secret societies which have grown out of revolutions and the like, and which exercise a very powerful pull over the destiny of world events.

ReputationRep:
    It is not that they are Jewish, but that they are a particular type of Jewish-ness which entails the advancement of all these secret societies which have grown out of revolutions and the like, and which exercise a very powerful pull over the destiny of world events.

Stop dragging the thread off topic.

ReputationRep:
    Michael Jackson. A new Fulham legend. COYW!

ReputationRep:

In fact, I was so oblivious to this, that I didn't realise the basis of the thread was anti-Semitic. I seriously couldn't understand what the OP was getting at. I didn't understand why everyone was negging my post. I am shocked at the level of anti-Semitism on TSR. Honestly, this thread could not get more ****ed up if it tried. Why is this tolerated?

Oh no anti-Semitism is alive and well - and is often confused with anti-Zionism which are totally different things. The Jewish population in this country is really small. In 2003 there were only 300,000 of us in the UK (dunno what it is now but it's probably less). We've always been targeted and you know what we don't retaliate. We're not violent, we're not threatening, we're not 'evil'. I once went to a Chanukah celebration out on the street where lots of Jews went and sang the songs and lit a huge menorah, etc and some jerks drove past, rolled down the windows and yelled offensive slurs at us. We're integrated to an extent that the secular Jews (and this is where it gets odd cos you can be Jewish but Atheist as well - like being Jewish isn't just about religion it's about who you are) get on well in society but as soon as someone is openly Jewish (religiously) people have something to say. My mum doesn't like it when I wear the Star of David out cos she's worried I'll get targeted or something. I wear it to school but people are pretty tolerant at my school. My sister goes to a Jewish school and people sometimes go past the kids there and yell things at them. It's not nice, it's not fair and you're right, people should know better in this day and age. But they don't and it's disgraceful. Makes me sick. We're a generally respectful group of people and yes, we work hard and we're often successful. What's the problem? Would they rather we be violent, lazy and parasitic? Then they'd REALLY have something to complain about.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Democracy)

Stop dragging the thread off topic.
    I'm trying to explain what is asked to be explained.

ReputationRep:
    The issue about anit-semitism has largely fell on one side. Anyone who critices Jews is branded anti-semitic. This is unfortunate. World events are orchestrated from behind the scenes and in almost every revolution whether bloody or not, the Jews have held a prominent position. There can be no doubt that anti-semitism exists, but Jews can, have done and do exploit this. Who controls the most powerfull nation on earth? Jews. They exercise such a powerful pull in America and American foreign policy. The Jews built-up America. All the major banks were funded by wealthy Jewish financiers. There is even the Star of David on the one dollar bill, and of course, Freemasonry the craft that helped to build Western Civilisation is characteristically Jewish. The influence of Jewish sensibilities and Jewish preist-craft is unprecedented and can be seen almost everywhere. And anyone who shouts "Jewish conspiracy" is branded an anti-semitic.

That is a tragedy. As if the money lenders and the money masters of the world were beyond all criticism!

Indeed there are wealthy and influential people who are not Jewish but if you scratch a little deeper you will find that these wealthy influential Gentiles are merely means to an ends. Richard Branson is not interested in revolution. Bill Gates probably has little interest in who controls the world's resources. Does Donald Trump care about the state of Israel? We are talking about specific individuals who have the power to turn the tables of history in their favour. Individuals who fervently believe that they will inherit the earth and everyone will eventually be subject to them. It is a conspiracy. Conspiracies are not necessarily a paranoid fantasy that exists in the minds of peoples; they do exist and conspiratorial plans are executed daily in the world. We don't often see them. We are not often aware of them. But they are there both big and small, both gross and subtle.

Criticising the individuals is not a bad thing. It is when people take the fact that they are Jewish and twist that into suggesting that the Jewish people as a whole are behind some huge conspiracy and are plotting the take over of the world that is the problem. Being Jewish I see no logical reason for people to be so wholly prejudiced about a small group of people who themselves do no harm, all for the sake of criticising some of the people in said group. It's not fair.

ReputationRep:
    Oh no anti-Semitism is alive and well - and is often confused with anti-Zionism which are totally different things. The Jewish population in this country is really small. In 2003 there were only 300,000 of us in the UK (dunno what it is now but it's probably less). We've always been targeted and you know what we don't retaliate. We're not violent, we're not threatening, we're not 'evil'. I once went to a Chanukah celebration out on the street where lots of Jews went and sang the songs and lit a huge menorah, etc and some jerks drove past, rolled down the windows and yelled offensive slurs at us. We're integrated to an extent that the secular Jews (and this is where it gets odd cos you can be Jewish but Atheist as well - like being Jewish isn't just about religion it's about who you are) get on well in society but as soon as someone is openly Jewish (religiously) people have something to say. My mum doesn't like it when I wear the Star of David out cos she's worried I'll get targeted or something. I wear it to school but people are pretty tolerant at my school. My sister goes to a Jewish school and people sometimes go past the kids there and yell things at them. It's not nice, it's not fair and you're right, people should know better in this day and age. But they don't and it's disgraceful. Makes me sick. We're a generally respectful group of people and yes, we work hard and we're often successful. What's the problem? Would they rather we be violent, lazy and parasitic? Then they'd REALLY have something to complain about.
    They are communal Jews. What Michael is referring to, and what this "conspiracy" is referring to is the suit-and-tie wearing westernised Jews. The Jews who run the banks in America and who finance revolutions and other projects around the world. Who run the Israeli Lobby who attempt to control foreign policy. There's a cultural distinction there which goes-on being ignored, so that anyone who criticizes these westernized Jews is criticizing all Jews.

ReputationRep:
    So Jews aren't money makers?

ReputationRep:
    Criticising the individuals is not a bad thing. It is when people take the fact that they are Jewish and twist that into suggesting that the Jewish people as a whole are behind some huge conspiracy and are plotting the take over of the world that is the problem. Being Jewish I see no logical reason for people to be so wholly prejudiced about a small group of people who themselves do no harm, all for the sake of criticising some of the people in said group. It's not fair.
    No-one to my knowledge has ever said that "all Jews" are part of some great world conspiracy. At the end of the day they are just human like you and me. But some people in this world do not think like that, and they act accordingly. Both Gentile and non-Gentiles have their faults. But there cannot be two masters. The Jews are the masters, and they have for centuries directed western civilisation. They do so today, although admittedly, there is a moiling and toiling going-on, a surge of competing powers; the balance of forces is slightly undecided. There is a friction between the Middle east and the West, and the Middle east and the Middle east, as you well know (i.e., they are fighting with each other over real estate).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SatanIsAwesome)
    Jews aren't particulary smart, they're just harder workers than most people (due to upbringing)
    by race, they've supposedly been proven to have higher IQs

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2ndClass)
    So Jews aren't money makers?
    I was meant to write "money lenders" but when my initial post was quoted I felt that I could not change it in case someone accused me of rigging it. Historically, the Jews are money lenders. There is a Greco-Egyptian proverb which states, "Beware of the Jewish money lenders", and of course, you know where usury originates

"Let me issue and control a nation's money and I care not who writes its laws" - Mayer Amschel.

"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The Bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create deposits, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it all back again. However, take it away from them, and all the great fortunes like mine disappear, and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of Bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create deposits" - Josiah Stamp.

ReputationRep:
    I was meant to write "money lenders" but when my initial post was quoted I felt that I could not change it in case someone accused me of rigging it. Historically, the Jews are money lenders. There is a Greco-Egyptian proverb which states, "Beware of the Jewish money lenders", and of course, you know where usury originates

"Let me issue and control a nation's money and I care not who writes its laws" - Mayer Amschel.

"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The Bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create deposits, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it all back again. However, take it away from them, and all the great fortunes like mine disappear, and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of Bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create deposits" - Josiah Stamp.
    Yes I agree with this. I think you tell from the names too, Rubenstien, Goldstein, Silverstein etc I think they were quite involved in commerce and money making/lending.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2ndClass)
    Yes I agree with this. I think you tell from the names too, Rubenstien, Goldstein, Silverstein etc I think they were quite involved in commerce and money making/lending.
    One cannot get away from the fact the banking system in the west was originally a Jewish affair, and today there are a number of these banks still standing. They tend to be the major banks and financial services like Goldman Sacchs, J.P.Morgan and Lehman Brothers. Even the Bank of England was owned by Jewish families known as "Dynasties", and probably still is. The Federal Reserve in the U.S. is a cartel owned by these Dynasties.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 5, 2011
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.