Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

I have anxiety and have been getting in the bottom percentile for the IB numerical tests . I get mini panic attacks when i have to sit the tests and "brain freezes." It is much worse when I see the timer on the page.
    I'm looking to get into consultancy at one of the Big 4 as the next best option, however have just found out that consulting gives you an SHL numerical test too. Are the numerical tests for consulting the same level of difficult as the banking ones?

I don't want to tell any prospective employers about my anxiety

Easier, but you'll still fail if you're getting panic attacks. Half of the purpose of the test is meant to put you under pressure and see how you react, and you will experience this pressure tenfold in the actual role. Maybe you aren't cut out for it? Have you sought help for the attacks?
What's the best type of cheese?
Useful resources

Guide to investment bankingGuide to consultancy

Featured recruiter profiles:

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

Quick link:

Unanswered investment banking and consultancy threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.