The Student Room Group

AS and A-Level law resource thread

This thread is intended to be used for anyone to make requests for any resources for AS and A-Level law (and related subjects) - including past exam papers, mark schemes, etc. Please keep any requests in this thread; any requests posted elsewhere will be merged into this thread. Please note that in replying to any requests, materials should not be posted as attachments to posts, but instead as links to external hosts.

For requests for resources for other levels and qualifications, please use the following threads:

If you have any suggestions for content to be added into this opening post, please let us know! :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Can I have some material for OCR AS?
Reply 2
Hey I'm currently revising for my AQA law exam in January

Im studying the following topics:

Lay people & magistrates
Judicial Precendent
Delegated Legislation

Does anyone have an organised revision list i could have

Also, a method of remembering all the cases :biggrin:

Would really help! as time is zooming by :eek:

Thanks!
Reply 3
Helllooo
I have my AS unit 2 law exam next week does anyone know anywhere i can get some past papers and mark schemes because the AQA website have took them off :frown:

get back to me soon pleaseee :biggrin:
Hi, i'm doing the A2 unit 3 special study exam in june, does anyone have the study booklet?
Original post by Edmund Darling
Hi, i'm doing the A2 unit 3 special study exam in june, does anyone have the study booklet?

On criminal law, right? You only need www.sixthformlaw.co.uk and 2 or 3 textbooks (preferably the Nelson Thornes one and also Ian Yule).

There is also the 'elawstudent' website which has lots of cases, statutes, facts, etc.

Hope this helps :smile:
Reply 6
Hey

Just wondering does anyone have the AQA LAW02 2011 January Paper?

I would greatly appreciate it and will gladly rep, even though mine doesn't mean much :tongue:

Thanks in advance
Reply 7
quite urgent please?
I do not have the paper and nor did I sit the exam on that date, but I got a high A last year for it. If you need any help regarding exam technique and cases, then I am happy to help.
Reply 9
Original post by Alex-jc123
I do not have the paper and nor did I sit the exam on that date, but I got a high A last year for it. If you need any help regarding exam technique and cases, then I am happy to help.

Thankyou. If I was to answer questions and PM the answers would you be able to like sort out where I'm going wrong? My teacher never does any marking and shes the only one for the law department. Quite worrying.
Original post by Aiboz
Thankyou. If I was to answer questions and PM the answers would you be able to like sort out where I'm going wrong? My teacher never does any marking and shes the only one for the law department. Quite worrying.

I would be happy in doing so :smile: I understand your situation as I had/have the same inferiority of teachers. They never mark work and when they do they fail to tell you how to improve (let alone where to improve).

I will also be able to supplement your case list if you like (e.g. for particular sections, such as non-fatal offences).
Reply 11

I would be happy in doing so :smile: I understand your situation as I had/have the same inferiority of teachers. They never mark work and when they do they fail to tell you how to improve (let alone where to improve).

I will also be able to supplement your case list if you like (e.g. for particular sections, such as non-fatal offences).

Hey, I'm currently doing AQA AS LAW02. My teacher doesn't help much. I'd be glad if you could help me with some topics which i'm struggling on. Thanks :smile:
Original post by Rishz
Hey, I'm currently doing AQA AS LAW02. My teacher doesn't help much. I'd be glad if you could help me with some topics which i'm struggling on. Thanks :smile:

Hey :smile: I would be happy to help. What particular topics are you struggling on?
Reply 13

Hey :smile: I would be happy to help. What particular topics are you struggling on?

Thanks. I'm struggling on tort of negligence and also how to answer the questions for that topic. :smile:
Reply 14
I had to sit this paper for Criminal (compulsory) and Civil.

It was actually quite difficult compared to other papers, the criminal scenario was Battery and S47 of the OAPA 1861; however I dont remember the civil.

If it helps I remember the definitions to be

Omissions as part of Actus Reus
Strict Liability
Causation, including application of causation
Duty of Care
Risk factors of Breach of Duty
Damage

Hope that helps!
Original post by Rishz
Thanks. I'm struggling on tort of negligence and also how to answer the questions for that topic. :smile:

So, shall I first go through the first question (explain the meaning of the term 'duty of care')?
Reply 16

So, shall I first go through the first question (explain the meaning of the term 'duty of care')?

Yes please...but not here. I'll PM you :smile:
Reply 17
Hey, I was wondering if you had the January 2011 A2 law paper for AQA? If you do, could you link it to me :smile: Thanks :smile:
I have my Unit 1 AS law exam in a few weeks and my teacher has been off for about 4-5 months so although i got a B in my unit 2 (because we did then the other way around) im not so confident with this one :frown:

could anyonee tell me if i need to include references to acts of parliaments in all my answers?
thanks
Original post by JessChapman
I have my Unit 1 AS law exam in a few weeks and my teacher has been off for about 4-5 months so although i got a B in my unit 2 (because we did then the other way around) im not so confident with this one :frown:

could anyonee tell me if i need to include references to acts of parliaments in all my answers?
thanks

Jess Chapman... Are you still taking the exam? If so we could help each other as I am taking it also... My first exam is on Friday :/

Quick Reply

Latest