Turn on thread page Beta

First Bus Rediculous Student Policy watch

ReputationRep:
    Ok, so I am a very disgruntled first bus customer!!! I live in Aberdeen, it costs £4.20 for a day ticket. That is rediculous, but hey nothing I can do about that. My main problem is their stupid student policy. I'm not sure if it is just me, but what do you guys think.

Basically, I don't go to one of the Aberdeen Universities. I have just come home for my holidays, and they say that because I don't have an Aberdeen student card that i can't get a student discount. Now, I think this is STUPID!

I contacted them about this a while ago, and they said that it was a 'local initiative in line with other companies'! I think this is BS! I mean, Frist is a national company, shouldn't they have a uniform policy. My student card has given me discount at countless companies outwith the town I study, in fact I have used it abroad to get discount. Now why can't I get it to use public transport in my own home town?! Also if anybody knows Aberdeen there is only one bus company that serves the city so it's not like I can just say screw first (although I obviously want to)

There must be hundreds/thousands of students that travel away from their home town to study and then go home for holidays that are in the same position as me.

Basically, is my 'outrage' unjustified, or do you think that their might be a possibility for us to change this stupid policy. I am very willing to contact my Union president and the NUS regarding this unfair discrimination, but would like to know what other people think first.

rant over!......(for now)

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Will you be tempted to trade up and get out of your firm offer on results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.