The Student Room Group

Is this married man interested in me? Help

Sometimes in the daytime I have nothing to do so I just go online. There's this guy who I met on a dating website a while ago, but he was on there just to chat. He's on a lot in the day so we talk because well, I have nothing better to do. I complain about my life and boyfriend sometimes, and he is quite funny and makes me laugh about it. He's seen a pic of me and said to me he saw me at the station (I didn't see him), described what I was wearing so I know he did see me....I felt abit weird about that.

It seems innocent mostly. But lately he's started talking about meeting and going to a hotel. I feel uncomfortable so I respond with a joke and he jokes too so I don't know if he's really serious. He says that I'm stunning and stuff but it doesn't seem pervy.... but he keeps hinting about meeting and I don't know if it's a joke anymore :s-smilie:

I have a boyfriend, plus he's just got married so I know it's all inappropriate. PLUS I'm 19 and he's in his mid 30s.

Help?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
He's just trying to get you into bed to prove to himself he's still got it
Reply 2
If he's married, what is he doing on a dating website? there are chat rooms for people who want to chat.
Reply 3
Original post by Superlucy
If he's married, what is he doing on a dating website? there are chat rooms for people who want to chat.

He said he wanted to meet people in the area to chat to.
He's a liar. Cut contact, you'll get raped otherwise.
Reply 5
Original post by SuperSam_Fantastiche
He's a liar. Cut contact, you'll get raped otherwise.

Talk about blunt.
Reply 6
Stop chatting with him, full stop :cool:. He is not joking about his wish to sleep with you. Otherwise he wouldn't pay much attention to your picture and your clothes :rolleyes:.

Make a test, say yes, and you will see how he will ask you to meet him at some hotel half an hour after that :colone:.
Reply 7
Why are you even on a dating website when you have a boyfriend?
This should be setting off alarm bells, don't be naive - cut all contact.
Reply 9
Original post by Dogatonic
Why are you even on a dating website when you have a boyfriend?

I'm not on it now, I was on it before I met my boyfriend. I met this guy on the site but we talk on msn now.
Reply 10
You think this is a good idea? .......

Just don't talk to him. Seriously.
Sounds like it, yes.
Reply 12
Original post by Anonymous
He said he wanted to meet people in the area to chat to.

Hmm sounds dodgy to me. theres other ways to chat to people in the area. if you only know him through the internet i would just cut him out, it wouldnt be that difficult cos you are highly unlikely to ever see him in every day life. He's a married man and you've got a boyfriend so before he ruins your relationship or vice versa, just stop and no one gets hurt :smile:

plus he sounds like a wierdo. i say get out while you can :smile:
Won't end well.
Do you have nice tits? This is very important.
Reply 15
you really don't know what to do? He's married and sounds like a freaky stalker. Ditch him before you end up chopped into little pieces.
Reply 16
Stay away from the horny bloke.
Reply 17
Come one, isn't it obvious? He would love to **** you. He probably thinks it won't affect his marriage as long as she doesn't find out, or maybe she is okay with it. You know it is not a universally true statement that having sex while loving someone else is bad or wrong.
He seems to be aware though that you are a lot younger and there could be all kinds of problems so he's taking it carefully. I would say just look at him as somebody your age who tries to **** you, despite having a boyfriend and despite him having a gf /being married.
Let me get this straight.

You met a guy off a dating website; websites which exist to make males and females hook up. Males don't talk to other males on these things unless they're gay - it isn't for friends, it's for flirting, hookups and relationships. You add this guy on msn and have conversations.

At some point you get a boyfriend, his girlfriend becomes his wife. You still talk to him. To be honest, for me this verges on some kind of emotional cheating since it's placed in a dating context - you found him emotionally/physically attractive otherwise you wouldn't be talking to him - and he would feel this same way.

He's clearly a sleezebag - he's married and on a dating website talking to a girl 15 odd years his junior. You continue to talk to the guy, even though you have a boyfriend - and he start propositioning hotels to meet up and have sex - you still continue talking to the guy. And now you're detailing the situation to us - you clearly know what he's asking, and the only thing which you say is holding you back is your boyfriend, his wife and your age.

Let me say this: you have and are emotionally cheating on your boyfriend with this guy. The fact you haven't deleted this guy even when propositioning sex to you is evidence of this. If you want to be with your boyfriend; delete this guy, tell your boyfriend about him and apologise for being so naive - which I'm not at all convinced you are. If you meet up with guy, I have no words to describe your character.
Reply 19
Original post by Rancorous
Let me get this straight.

You met a guy off a dating website; websites which exist to make males and females hook up. Males don't talk to other males on these things unless they're gay - it isn't for friends, it's for flirting, hookups and relationships. You add this guy on msn and have conversations.

At some point you get a boyfriend, his girlfriend becomes his wife. You still talk to him. To be honest, for me this verges on some kind of emotional cheating since it's placed in a dating context - you found him emotionally/physically attractive otherwise you wouldn't be talking to him - and he would feel this same way.

He's clearly a sleezebag - he's married and on a dating website talking to a girl 15 odd years his junior. You continue to talk to the guy, even though you have a boyfriend - and he start propositioning hotels to meet up and have sex - you still continue talking to the guy. And now you're detailing the situation to us - you clearly know what he's asking, and the only thing which you say is holding you back is your boyfriend, his wife and your age.

Let me say this: you have and are emotionally cheating on your boyfriend with this guy. The fact you haven't deleted this guy even when propositioning sex to you is evidence of this. If you want to be with your boyfriend; delete this guy, tell your boyfriend about him and apologise for being so naive - which I'm not at all convinced you are. If you meet up with guy, I have no words to describe your character.

No that is not the only thing stopping me. I would never meet a guy from a dating website for sex, and I don't know if he's even physically attractive as I've never seen a proper pic of him. I haven't deleted him because the guy says it in a jokey way, I don't now whether it's serious. He says he would never cheat on his wife at other times and I'd never cheat or have sex with someone so old.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending