Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

"Prestigous" Uni students looking down the the other Uni's students in the same city watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Callum828)
    Apparently whenever Warwick play Coventry at hockey all the guys and girls have a bunch of chants for them.

My personal favourite:

'Give me an E' 'E'
    'Give me a D' 'D'
    'Give me an F' 'F'
    'What have you got?'
    All: YOUR A LEVEL RESULTS!!!!1!
    I swear you cant get F at a-level?:confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RobertWhite)
    I prefer to call it a typo
    Sure thing

ReputationRep:
    I think we have 'rivalry' but really it's all in the name of banter and people don't take it too seriously. We Warwickers know we go to a better uni than the Cov lot anyway And in fairness I've met more Cov boys on nights out than Warwick boys, and they've made a better first impression...even if one of them did do some kind of sport degree!

At Sheffield it was a lot more serious I think. Even then though, it's banter.

ReputationRep:
    Oxbridge is laden with supremacists.

ReputationRep:
    In the case of Nottingham;

T-R-E-N-T. You're gonna get a **** degree.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MJHERBZ)
    In the case of Nottingham;

T-R-E-N-T. You're gonna get a **** degree.
    The relationship between Nottingham and Trent seems really volatile :battle:

ReputationRep:
    I haven't started yet but I believe UCL students refer to kings as Strand poly.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Boo!xx)
    I swear you cant get F at a-level?:confused:
    You can't. That's probably not what he told me specifically. I can't really remember.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Busby_Babe)
    I haven't started yet but I believe UCL students refer to kings as Strand poly.
    Yeah my friend says that is the case. Apparently Kings students reply by calling the UCL students "un-godly" :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nalced)
    Same in Edinburgh, if your from Queen Margaret, Heriot Watt or Napier. Your a joke.

Your grammar is a joke? You're being funny? See the difference there?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Oh my Ms. Coffey)
    I found on nights out girls who went to the lower ranked university (DMU) at my city were much easier to get with then ones which went to the higher ranked university (Leicester).

I like them thick and easy :awesome:
    :eek: Your sig is amazing, who is it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zottula)
    Yeah my friend says that is the case. Apparently Kings students reply by calling the UCL students "un-godly" :confused:
    It's because UCL was the first non secular uni and admitted people whatever religion they were, they even let women in :eek: Kings was founded to counter this and only let Church of England students in. It's a really old rivalry.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by T. Hereford)
    True. Uni of Leeds students look down on Leeds Met students. They don't mingle much at all. There's even a song about the difference in prestige / gulf between Uni of Leeds and Leeds Met.

''If you didn't get into Leeds go to Met'' (to the tune of 'If you're happy and you know it, clap your hands)!!
    AHAHA! really?! That sounds like its fun to sing. Im going to leeds this year so i wanna sing that XD but i wont, only because i have alot of friends who go to leeds met. I dont think theyre stupid or lower than me at all =) I do however, think ill probabally get better job chances in life

ReputationRep:
    Well, on nights out when I meet Brighton uni students, they seem to know their place as they always revere me and my housemates when we say we go to Sussex.. :ahee:.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    There should a series of fights to the death between randomly selected students from the universities to settle the rivalries. Losers get free cremations (and honorary degrees from the winning institution for their martyrdom) :mmm:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Busby_Babe)
    It's because UCL was the first non secular uni and admitted people whatever religion they were, they even let women in :eek: Kings was founded to counter this and only let Church of England students in. It's a really old rivalry.
    Aaaaaah right. Thank you . I didn't understand the significance before.

ReputationRep:
    When I used to go to Uni of Leeds I was once on a night out with my friend from halls, and a guy approached us and asked us if what uni we went to so we said Leeds and he just made a noise and walked off :/ lol goes both ways, I'm going to assume he was from Leeds met

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RobertWhite)
    Can you expand on that at all? I like to know what I'm getting into
    Haha Soton and Soton Solent aren't that bad, we mix in a lot of the city centre clubs and there's some groups on fb but they're not serious.

ReputationRep:
    Let's be serious, no cities have more than one university (except London).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KeyserNI)
    I once knew a guy that when hitting on my girlfriend mentioned he studied at Cambridge having known a few Oxbridge graduates I asked him what college he was at to which his reply was "um Cambridge"..... it turned out he studied Zoology at ARU. What a prat.

Glasgow students look down on Strathclyde students, it doesn't help that they are on opposite sides of the city. I think Strathclyde is a decent uni. Having went to an ex-poly then onto a prestigious uni and top 5 rated professional course I know that a lot of it's down to social circumstances and not how smart the student is in the end.
    Who have you been talking too? I'm from Glasgow and have friends in both and almost everyone I know thinks they're equally as good but excel in slightly different subjects.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 5, 2011
Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.