Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
Mine's geography because:

- it's really interesting
- relevant because it's about the world we live in
- i am good at it
- my teachers are good

Hah that sounds so cheesy. Lol. Uhm yeah that doesn't explain very well but i'm just interested in what you like and why coz i'm just...like that...yah.
Spiral
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Yep mines geography too, for all the same reasons as yours!
But, my fave lesson to go to is Music because we don't actually do anything - we just sit around at the keyboards and talk. Our teacher kindly told us "you wouldn't be pleased with your results" which translated out of teacher language means "you would all fail!" And it doesn't help that shes has only been in for 1 lesson this January as she's been ill. :rolleyes:
undiscovered
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
(Original post by Spiral)
Yep mines geography too, for all the same reasons as yours!
But, my fave lesson to go to is Music because we don't actually do anything - we just sit around at the keyboards and talk. Our teacher kindly told us "you wouldn't be pleased with your results" which translated out of teacher language means "you would all fail!" And it doesn't help that shes has only been in for 1 lesson this January as she's been ill. :rolleyes:
It's well annoying when teachers are ill, even though they can't help it obviously! Last year when i was doing my GCSEs my biology teacher missed half the year so i ended up getting a lower grade than i was capable of. But that's that. Lol. Geography at GCSE was well fun, now it's still my favourite but lessons aren't as fun coz i'm not with the same people.
Me2
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
GEOGRAPHY! the best subject ever! i happen to be good at, the teachers good (although no-one else thinks hes good) and its easy! but saying that i'm only at GCSE level, but im taking it for A2...
undiscovered
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
(Original post by Me2)
GEOGRAPHY! the best subject ever! i happen to be good at, the teachers good (although no-one else thinks hes good) and its easy! but saying that i'm only at GCSE level, but im taking it for A2...
Hehe this is turning into a bit of a geography lovers thread . I have three different teachers for geog - 1 for 2 human lessons per week, 1 for 1 physical lesson and another one for another physical lesson. Got the cack one tomorrow. LOL
cobra
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Chemistry - because i love it, it is relevant to the world and helps people everyday, and is people. thats whyi'm off to uni to do it
Spiral
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Everyone loves geography
~Sam~
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Lol, mine is geography too. Mainly because I have a great (and fit ) teacher! History I dislike as a subject but I enjoy the lessons coz there's only 12 of us and the techer is never there so we just sit around talking. And psy lessons are good coz our teacher is CRAZY
JrW
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
i love history and chemistry....history cause i find it interesting and like the teacher, chemistry cause its so interesting and good teacher also..then again, i love the languages and maths......

is there anything i dont like? :confused: :cool:
thefish_uk
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I haven't got a clue really.

Not English.
Not German.
Not Biology.
Not Chemistry.
Not RS.
Not History.
Not Art.

That leaves Physics, Maths, Design.

Not Maths.

Erm, probably not physics.

Design? It's practical and needs thinking, I like it because we have to apply all our mathsy and sciency stuff to something we make... and I'm good at it.
Evil Muffin
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
English, as you get to read the work of great minds and imaginations through the ages. However this could just be general reading, as some books/plays/poetry on the National Curriculum are really dull. Take the play 'Jumpers' by Tom Stoppard as an example: a pretentious and pointless waste of paper.
punkprincess
Report 16 years ago
English!
Best subject ever.

Intresting, creative and easy
Linda
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Theory of Knowledge - it makes you think
kildare
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Linda)
I'd second that.
pedy1986
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Evil Muffin)
English, as you get to read the work of great minds and imaginations through the ages. However this could just be general reading, as some books/plays/poetry on the National Curriculum are really dull. Take the play 'Jumpers' by Tom Stoppard as an example: a pretentious and pointless waste of paper.
I happen to thing Jumpers is very good.
hornblower
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Pure maths. It's very deep and interesting. It is very challenging - there's nothing more satisfying than successfully completing a monster of a question. I've also had the same teacher for seven years.

J.
Acid_Rain
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
English - Just cause it's the best

I love it for lots of reasons really. It's creative, it's interesting, it's fun, it's incredibly rewarding, you get insights into different cultures and historical periods, it helps develop communication skills/ confidence/ ability to argue, etc...

The list is endless.
hitchhiker_13
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
My favourite subject generally is physics, but my favourite subject at the moment is maths. This is because I'm more interested in theoretical physics, so I really enjoy the maths side. I think they are both very satisfying subjects and can be very challenging.
Although I also really enjoy my other subjects, chemistry and english lit.
akk713
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Physics!!

1) I have a wonderful teacher who wrote my IB textbook
2) You don't need to memorize stuff, just understand it
3) everything explained by simple formula and theories
sarahwhatevver
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Linda)
I love TOK!
Otherwise, I would sau Physics and English.... I love reading and I like to learn how things actually work, I like the theoretical side of physics, could do without excessive calculations!!
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Sheffield Hallam University
    Get into Teaching in South Yorkshire Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20
  • The University of Law
    Solicitor Series: Assessing Trainee Skills – LPC, GDL and MA Law - London Moorgate campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20
  • University of East Anglia
    PGCE Open day Postgraduate
    Sat, 29 Feb '20

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (529)
66.79%
No (263)
33.21%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise