What's your favourite subject and why? Watch

This discussion is closed.
Sire
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
My favourite subjects seem to be anyting along the lines of Human Behaviour and Management. The two do seem to go hand in hand. The unit I really enjoyed from second semester 2003 was titled 'Behavioural Foundations of Business - MM105' Truly interesting stuff, especially when I related it to my former job as a McDonald's manger. I found myself constantly viewing situations at work in an entirely new and more confident manner after reading Lussier's 'Human Telations in Organizations' and someone elses 'Organisational Behaviour'. It is great stuff to watch people when a certain element has been added to the equation. A good example would be security cameras. The trust issue is one of the first and largest things to come out, and then within that you get those who saw the problem arising and helped to quell what could have become a serious threat to discipline etc. I could go on and on, but will save your fingers the effort of moving the mouse much further. I just loved anything that dealt with human behaviour
Tnacilppa
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
ENGLISH!!

It is the only subject I am passionate about. It can be beautiful, moving, funny, meaningful, clever etc etc.

Even if the books studied in class aren't always the most amazing literary achievements to grace the planet there is always something useful. Apart from anything else, the critical insights one is taught are helpful when reading other books.

Literature is the way forward - none of this studying what hills are made of!

Adam
Shawn Michaels
Report 15 years ago
Gotta go with English, i'll give you a few reasons
A Christmas Carol
Byron
Chaucer
Dickens
Forsythe
Goethe
Handmaid's Tale/Harry Potter (got to put it)
Iago
Keats
Larkin
Nietsche
Oscar Wilde
Pinter
Remarque
Shakespeare
Wordsworth
waiting2smile
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by SiAnY)
Mine's geography because:

- it's really interesting
- relevant because it's about the world we live in
- i am good at it
- my teachers are good

Hah that sounds so cheesy. Lol. Uhm yeah that doesn't explain very well but i'm just interested in what you like and why coz i'm just...like that...yah.
History & English Literature. The fact i have inspirational teachers only enhances my love of those two subjects. I enjoy both because they're fun, stimulating and challenge my thoughts. Both allow me to work with interesting material and offer me opportunities to formulate my own explanations.
silltilly
Report 15 years ago
I like Maths, Music and Theatre. I like these just because I enjoy doing them. Mainly I like the human aspects. For music and theatre I like performing and I aim to be a maths teacher.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Sheffield Hallam University
    Get into Teaching in South Yorkshire Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20
  • The University of Law
    Solicitor Series: Assessing Trainee Skills – LPC, GDL and MA Law - London Moorgate campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20
  • University of East Anglia
    PGCE Open day Postgraduate
    Sat, 29 Feb '20

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (476)
66.48%
No (240)
33.52%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed