Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Okay, I recently went for a massage with a friend of mine (female), because she had two tickets. They were booked months back when she was with her partner, though at the time, he obviously wasn't going to be redeeming them.

I'll skip the more unnecessary details and move right to the massage part (about an hour into the day). We change into the robes, sandals (nothing on underneath), and was told once we enter the room before the masseuse does, we'll have a chance to drape ourselves, and let the professionals adjust it whenever necessary. Okay, cool.

At this point, we both part ways, and I enter one of the small compartments/rooms or whatever, take the robe and sandals off, and lie on the table, just putting the draping over my arse.

Fast forward to the actual massage; I couldn't stop laughing. Nothing to do with immaturity or anything of the sort, but I just couldn't stop laughing upon each massage she performed. I've no idea if it's because I couldn't relax, or perhaps it's simply a normal thing to occur the first time.

Anyway, after around fifteen minutes, I began to finally relax, and can now understand the whole relaxation bit people go after when visiting these places. I've no idea how much such a treatment costs in the first place, though I'd consider paying for it, definitely.

So, is the initial gut-busting laughter part of it? Or is that just me? My friend said she 'felt' like laughing, though I don't think she did. I, however, was almost audibly screaming.

ReputationRep:
    They did 'juju' on you guys.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah it's pretty much normal. When I have real massages it also takes time to relax. My hands won't flatten, I'm having trouble relaxing my muscles etc. only after a while everything relaxes, and at that moment you feel like a new man.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 4, 2011
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.