Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Legal Practice Course. watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi!!!

I was just wondering what is the Legal Practice Course like?

Also I have already completed a Qualifying Law Degree and would like to know what can one do to prepare for such a course.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    It is a pain in the backside in terms of the workload but it isn't academically challenging! There isn't anything really you need to do to prepare for the course other than do the pre-programme reading they send you and do the prep when you are asked to. They tend to front load the course so there is a lot to do in the first few weeks. Other than that they expect you to understand the basic subjects you covered on your law degree, and so it might be useful to brush up on English law if you are from another jurisdiction, but they give you everything you need to know in class so there isn't much you need to do.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aerasay)
    It is a pain in the backside in terms of the workload but it isn't academically challenging! There isn't anything really you need to do to prepare for the course other than do the pre-programme reading they send you and do the prep when you are asked to. They tend to front load the course so there is a lot to do in the first few weeks. Other than that they expect you to understand the basic subjects you covered on your law degree, and so it might be useful to brush up on English law if you are from another jurisdiction, but they give you everything you need to know in class so there isn't much you need to do.
    Thank you for your response!

ReputationRep:
    Boring. Tedious. Makes me want to stab my eyes out through boredom. It's like being back at primary school.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lell)
    Boring. Tedious. Makes me want to stab my eyes out through boredom. It's like being back at primary school.
    Thanks for your reply!

ReputationRep:
    I didn't do it myself, but the stories from friends who did all correspond with the responses you've already gotten. As I recall not a single one of the friends that were taking it as the same time as I did my BVC found it interesting. I can't imagine it has changed much in the years since then.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Crazy Jamie)
    I didn't do it myself, but the stories from friends who did all correspond with the responses you've already gotten. As I recall not a single one of the friends that were taking it as the same time as I did my BVC found it interesting. I can't imagine it has changed much in the years since then.
    Okay, cool...thanks!

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.