Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Been in a few newspapers for good deeds and getting good grades.

Was on TV for attending a conference with Bill Odie when Ken Livingston was London Mayor.

Apparently my future mother in law :rolleyes: was on Crimewatch....she was riding a bike past a crime scene whilst drinking a Can. Ahhh joys.

ReputationRep:
    Congrats, here's a music video in your honour:

Enjoy :cool:

ReputationRep:
    My aunt was on the local (Look East) news recently. That's about it though.

ReputationRep:
    I was in teletubbies. I was that huge baby

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gowrav)
    I was in teletubbies. I was that huge baby
    Please tell me you're not kidding...
    That's amazing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hamijack)
    I was in a news interview during the first student demo.
    I bet you were one of those guys that walked up and down behind the man on the scene reporter, making funny faces at the camera

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nix-j-c)
    I was on the news. i was kinda looking forward to it but when i watched it back my chin looked huge cos my buoyancy aid was squishing my shoulders forward and my voice was really deep. But my friend assures me that it's not normally that deep thank god.

The navy gives us boats for free (but we have to pay maintenance costs) but now they're saying we have to pay for them else get them taken away so it was an appeal to get some dosh in, we need £1,700 more . . .

Have any of you lot been on the news or tv in general?
    What, do you want a medal or some recognition or something just because you've been on the news?

GTFO

ReputationRep:
    I've probably been on news programs 7 or 8 times, seen myself in newspapers about the same amount.

My real claim to fame, though, was being on Playdays and speaking over Dave Benson Phillips' piece-to-camera with the immortal words "I'm four I am".

ReputationRep:
    I was on the news shortly after the March 11 quake. Bad times.

ReputationRep:
    My uncle and cousin were on come dine with me, so 12.5 % of me was.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    I've been in the local paper for GCSE/A Level results (as a group...I was never good enough to be properly singled out :emo:) and for going to china on a "study visit".

ReputationRep:
    During the Queen's procession at her Golden Jubilee, I was halfway up a lampost, and Sky News filmed me and asked me what I could see.

(Original post by Nix-j-c)
    Have any of you lot been on the news or tv in general?
    When my mother worked for the NHS she was on the news a fair few times... mostly defending the hospital as they couldn't and still can't get anything right.

I on the other hand was filmed in France on TF1 News on New Years with a bottle of Champagne :eek:

ReputationRep:
    Doesn't surpirse me manitude.

I was in the news ages ago with the cadets (again) when we did a huge parade in norwich but that was me in a huge squad of cadets jsut marching by, i couldn't even sprot myself properly.

ReputationRep:
    Yeahhh when I was infant school David Blunkett came into my class and they interviewed him in the carpark afterwards and you could see my class filing in for school dinners through the open door... I was wearing an orange sweater

ReputationRep:
    Yes - on BBC News 24 (the 24-hour live news channel). A reporter was standing in the High Street reporting live about the snow when I walked past. I was walking away from the camera so no-one could see my face (only the back of my coat) ... but my friend, who just happened to be watching TV at that time, recognised me!

ReputationRep:
    I was filmed opening my GCSE results a couple of years ago. Bit embarrassing... I got better grades than I expected and was practically hysterical. A few hours later, my 'fragile condition' was broadcast to the world.

Bad times.

ReputationRep:
    I was in the background of the tv footage when they were filming the queues for the auditions to find Luna Lovegood. My mum and I were laughing as hundreds of girls (and boys) who clearly did not fit the "teenage blonde pale girl" description were told that they weren't teenaged, blonde, pale or female enough for the role.

ReputationRep:
    I was on it once, a quick interview on young people's ideas and such. I'm more proud of the fact I got into the local paper when I was 4, for winning a colouring competition.

ReputationRep:
    I was on the front page of my local paper

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.