Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    My boyfriend and I are planning a trip to Asia at the end of June/beginning of July. We are currently thinking of doing Singapore, Vietnam and Thailand. We have just over three weeks and this is our plan at present:

Fly to Singapore (my brother lives there)
    Fly to Hanoi (Hanoi and Halong Bay)
    Train to Da Nang (Da Nang and Hoi An)
    Fly to Ho Chi Minh City
    Fly to Bangkok
    Fly/train to Chiang Mai
    Fly back to Singapore.

Opinions?
    We're quite open to change, but just wondered if there were any places there that people would recommend? Or advise against? And any specific things to do/see whilst we're there?

Thanks in advance

ReputationRep:
    Sounds reasonable. Although...

Most people I met while travelling said that they wished that they had longer than 2 weeks to explore Vietnam. Most people recommend doing Vietnam in at least 3.

If I were you, on your time limit, I'd concentrate on Thailand or Vietnam in the 3 weeks, otherwise you'll be flitting between places and won't feel satisfied that you really experienced them.

ReputationRep:
    I'd stay on the train between Da Nang and Ho Chi Minh City. Get the overnight express - takes about 12 hours, could be 15. Much nicer than flying.

Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.