Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Nostalgia Blast - Name and post your favourite Childhood Toys! Watch

ReputationRep:
    Ahh, to be a kid again. No worry of money troubles, exams, rent - no, the biggest worry you had was "if I get a packet of Space Raiders, I won't be able to afford an ice pole, too!"

And when school was out, it was playtime - from 3.30pm, the world was your oyster! But what were your absolute favourite childhood toys? Post them here, and perhaps evoke some amazing nostalgia in others, too!

I have so many, but some of the fondest memories I had was playing with these:

TRANSFORMERS, TURTLES, AND GHOSTBUSTERS FIGURES

[IMG][/IMG]

I particularly loved the proton pack on the Ghostbusters figure - the fact it had a plastic "stream" that had a little twiddly knob you could spin and the stream would twirl! AWESOME.

MONSTER IN MY POCKET

I spent all my pocket money on these bad boys, and when Kelloggs started doing free Monster in my Pocket and Wrestler in my Pocket in their cereals, I found I was eating a crapload of cereal just so we could run out quicker, hence buying more, hence even MORE IN MY POCKET!

BOGLINS

These little rubber hand puppets were so awesome; you put your index and middle finger in the eye holes, and your other fingers and thumb moved the mouth! I spent a ridiculous amount of time scaring my little sister with mine.

FAST TRAXX

We never had much money as a family, so when, one year, I got this from Santa Claus, I was overcome by how awesome this RC car was. And boy, was it fast. Seriously, so fast that if it came into contact with the wall, it actually ran up it a little. The drawback? It took HOURS to charge, and the playtime was literally 15 minutes on "Turbo" setting (the fastest speed).

Okay TSR, let's give each other a nostalgia blast with favourite childhood toys!

ReputationRep:
    Crazy bones, bey blades, pokemon/yughio cards.

ReputationRep:
    oh yeah, and these:

MIGHTY MAX

ReputationRep:
    Oh my God Crazy Bones.

At around ten years old, I somehow came into possession of a mega super awesome double sized beast.

It was coveted by all, but alas: it was mine. And mine alone.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wilberforce)
    Crazy bones, bey blades, pokemon/yughio cards.
    I agree. I remember shredding part of my Beyblade arena/dome thing and still being surprised that touching the Beyblade mid-spin hurt after the 234th attempt.

ReputationRep:
    TAMAGOTCHIS

Who can forget these, too?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TotoMimo)
    TAMAGOTCHIS

Who can forget these, too?!

Brings back strange memories I didn't know I still possessed.

ReputationRep:
    Oh, and...

POGS AND TAZOS.

ReputationRep:
    I can't believe you pulled out Monster in my Pocket, you absolute legend. I had some of the wrestlers as well. Referring to this, I vividly remember having Double Header, Stickleback (green), Crusher Cussak, Steel Slammer (black), Goonie, Chain Gang Chomper (green), Bully Beef (red), Sgt Strangle and Referee 'Double' Nelson (yellow).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by m:)ckel)
    I can't believe you pulled out Monster in my Pocket, you absolute legend. I had some of the wrestlers as well. Referring to this, I vividly remember having Double Header, Stickleback (green), Crusher Cussak, Steel Slammer (black), Goonie, Chain Gang Chomper (green), Bully Beef (red), Sgt Strangle and Referee 'Double' Nelson (yellow).
    Mate. I just had a nostalgiagasm.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.