Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ammety)
    hahaha i didn't take offence

well i took offence when my school offered me the position instead of art prefect...
    but i guess it made art colleges notice me
    they all read my personal statement and went so... maths prefect... we've never had one of those before!
    Lol at least it paid off in a good way

ReputationRep:
    ICT = too much work needed for the coursework marks, however it's not difficult, just mind numbingly dull so i can't be bothered. up to 24,000 words - getting silly now. having said that, the exams were very easy and i only need to get 47/70 to get my A. that's the reason i choose it; easy A.

biology = was a very interesting AS with the disease sections. but A2 is just not fun with DNA and cells. up yours cells!

i made a good decision to drop maths after AS - in my opinion i quit whilst i was ahead with my C grade. a lot of my ex housemates are now on D's E's

i wish i chose Politics. i would go so nicely with my economics. instead of biology, pulling my grades down. i would've had a real good stab at AAA. but with biology i think i'll get AAC/ABB/AAB (if i'm lucky)

p.s. everything is AQA. so, i do badly in biology because i don't know what the question wants me to write. there is always two right answers for biology! for example i went from a D to an A in unit 1 and 2 with retakes just through changing the wording of my answers. but using the same content. it's just wrong. f-you AQA.

ReputationRep:
    ICT - Far too much coursework. Not hard just time consuming.

ReputationRep:
    Media studies - lmao

I was doing all sciences and thought I needed something a bit more of a doss.

ReputationRep:
    Maths, I got a solid A at GCSE but the AS-Level was just a nightmare, I ended up dropping it half way through year 12 so I could actually get some other work done rather than just struggling over that the whole time. But I still do love maths, just not A-Level maths.

Psychology, I am actually liking the A-Level stuff that all plays to my strengths, but the AS-Level was a nightmare! That is why I only got a D despite getting B's in all my other subjects. So I half regret taking it just because if I do not do really well in it this year and manage a B overall, then I won't get my university place! :-(

ReputationRep:
    maths. Got an A at GCSE. Hope I get a D at AS...

ReputationRep:
    Not cos I find it hard, not cos I don't enjoy the language itself, but French. the lessons are so darn boring. grammar this, grammar that... ugh...

ReputationRep:
    BIOLOGY.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Paul285v)
    ICT - Far too much coursework. Not hard just time consuming.
    out of interest are you doing AQA? have you finished your coursework yet? i haven't!

ReputationRep:
    philosophy :/

I don't know what possessed me to drop politics and keep philosophy to A2 but I so wish I hadn't. I was predicted A in philosophy and B in politics and of course it turned out the other way round

Luckily I do fm so I don't need the grade in philosophy

philosophy of mind = boring as ****

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by llamalad200)
    out of interest are you doing AQA? have you finished your coursework yet? i haven't!
    Nope i'm doing OCR, I've not finished yet but the deadline is may 12th !

ReputationRep:
    Geography.Snm.

ReputationRep:
    Economics AS. I dropped it anyway and managed a C, but I just found it mind-numbingly dull. In retrospect, it was a good thing that I did it as it has really helped me with Politics A2 (Macroeconomics & Political Philosophy go together quite well, bizarrely), but like I said, it was hardly a stimulating subject.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by manic_fuzz)
    Oooh, we have a 2hour exam just on the studies :|
    I'm hoping to go into medicine *fingers-crossed* ah great i used to want to go into psychology, but changed my mind
    Haha, same! I had the route for Clinical Psychologist all planned out, then bam, AS Psychology is so ****, I'm not even carrying it onto A2, let alone uni :P 90% of the time is spent memorising studies and not actually learning about the concepts behind them :colonhash: Medicine for me too, now

ReputationRep:
    PSYCHOLOGY
    At A2, it has so much content to memorise that I forget after the exam. I don't feel like I learn much - just the basic principles or ideas

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Evanesyne)
    Haha, same! I had the route for Clinical Psychologist all planned out, then bam, AS Psychology is so ****, I'm not even carrying it onto A2, let alone uni :P 90% of the time is spent memorising studies and not actually learning about the concepts behind them :colonhash: Medicine for me too, now
    I know, it's terrible! I might keep it to A2, but only because it's quite easy, but i agree that i don't see the point in memorising soooo much and none of it actually being any use

;D and oooh yes, medicine ftw i think i may have to follow your tumblr... :cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by manic_fuzz)
    I know, it's terrible! I might keep it to A2, but only because it's quite easy, but i agree that i don't see the point in memorising soooo much and none of it actually being any use

;D and oooh yes, medicine ftw i think i may have to follow your tumblr... :cool:
    But whhhyyy....I had a look at the A2 books and died inside at the amount of things you'd have to memorise. I'm more of a understand & apply person rather than plain memorise.
    I ace the topics that I find interesting (stress & memory), fail at the ones are that dull, and ends up with an average grade :closedeyes: so I can't even take A2 because it's not that easy for me

And good choice

ReputationRep:
    Philosophy and Ethics - didn't like the teacher or the subject. My School said it would be like GCSE RE which I really enjoyed - it was nothing like it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by screenager2004)
    The classic: Media Studies - wish I had taken Maths instead.
    Did you have fun though?
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    English Lit. Got pushed into it hated it then ended up in Film studies which I liked. Was a nice change compared to my other two A levels history and Philosophy

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
  2. University of Bolton
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
  3. Bishop Grosseteste University
    All Courses Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.