Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    sociology. although one of the easiest a levels you can take - it's just common sense and memorising names, but i do it on the wjec exam board, with a crap teacher and no revision tools online. depressed D:

ReputationRep:
    Religious studies - completely different from GCSE, I enjoyed the ethics side, philosophy made me want to die.
    Dropped after AS.

ReputationRep:
    Don't get me started! All my A-Levels are a regret ..

ReputationRep:
    PHYSICS! I hate it so much!

ReputationRep:
    Wish I hadn't taken History. I loved GCSE and I enjoyed most of the AS topics but it was a massive jump from GCSE to AS and revised for it so much more than any of my other subjects. Dropped it after AS I wish I'd taken Economics instead, or Double Maths.

I also did the AQA Baccalaureate during Year 12 as I was going to do Extended Project in Year 13, so had to do Critical Thinking AS as a 5th subject. Ended up doing AS Further Maths instead so that was a waste of time!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by littlemissm;)
    I got an A with lots of revision but was never naturally good at it
    Aww ..its okay .. At least u can drop it after a year

ReputationRep:
    Business Studies. Biggest waste of time ever.

ReputationRep:
    I don't regret any of my A level choices but if I could go back to GCSE it would be Latin+RS over History+Geography....I seriously regret choosing those two cos they were so revision heavy.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by crazycake93)
    Hehehe ur sig.... Just realised the answer was 69, you horny *******.
    What can I say - I like my women to be able to integrate properly.
    It's part of my thorough procedure for finding a suitable mate to pass on my (not particularly) superior genetic code.

ReputationRep:
    I regret spending an hour of my life every week sitting through a rubbish general studies lecture.... could have done the exam without all that!

ReputationRep:
    General Studies - was compulsory at my college, but none of the uni's I applied to actually accepted it as an entrance grade, same with the majority of my friends as well.

Photography - did it because I wanted to be a live performance photographer & my careers advisor told me getting the qualifications was the only was of achieving it properly. We didn't even pick up a camera until 6 months into the course, the tutor was appallingly bad and all we did for the first few months was talk about why we wanted to do the course. Dropped it after AS year. Complete waste of time.

ReputationRep:
    Applied Business, the coursework makes me want to stab a cat.

ReputationRep:
    economics lol

ReputationRep:
    I regret all the A-levels I took. With hindsight I should have followed my gut and took English instead of French and not listened to that twit of a teacher who advised me not to. Still, I managed to get my 2:1 in my chosen subject in the end and have finished an MA with a decent grade. So he can shove it.

ReputationRep:
    Chemistry!! Worst mistake of my life. Thankfully I dropped it after getting a C in AS. Now I'm in A2 and biology is going appallingly, after doing well last year I just don't know what's gone wrong

ReputationRep:
    Maths and Biology. I did really well at GCSE but did really badly at A-level.

If I had my time again I would have chosen Law, Psychology, Sociology and Geography.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by multiplexing-gamer)
    What subject did you find rigorously difficult.
    Might it be anything from Chemistry, Physics or even Maths!
    I regret taking Psychology. I'm not very good at maths and science so even when I put in 100% effort, I saw very little improvement. I could follow things in class and do all the class work but I couldn't do the exams :/ I went to every revision class, had extra tuition from the teacher and extra homeworks etc but was just had no natural talent for it at all

It's kind of helped with my degree (Eng Lit) because I already know different psychological theories but I do wish I could have done English Language instead. I wanted to do it at the time but the school scheduled Media, English Literature and English Language classes in the same time slot so I had to pick :O

ReputationRep:
    lol why are so many people getting killed by maths?

If you study maths just a few days before exam then yeah you fail. It's practice practice practice more than any other subject.

ReputationRep:
    English.

Would much rather have taken Biology or Business.

ReputationRep:
    psychology. history. geography. critical thinking.
    english lit is alright though...

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. SAE Institute
    Animation, Audio, Film, Games, Music, Business, Web Further education
    Thu, 16 Aug '18
  2. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
  3. University of Bolton
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
Poll
Will you be tempted to trade up and get out of your firm offer on results day?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.