Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    IT at AS - it is the most mind numbing and most boring subject ever created. It's not particularly hard - at all - but nothing is worse than spending 3 hours creating leaflets that must contain a set number of features that do nothing to enhance it whatsoever.

Also having an IT teacher that will tell us we have to go at, quote, "Lightspeed", then spend the lesson dancing to Stereo Love saying it reminded her of her holidays....

Although it was quite amusing watching her dance the length of the IT corridor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mir3a)
    maths with stats, is that a single A level?
    yeah, you do C1, C2 and S1 in first year and C3, C4 and S2 in second.

ReputationRep:
    physics without a doubt as i wanna do pharmacy, so all i need is chemistry , ( biology does help ofcourse ) and maths, which i am very strong at so its all good !!

ReputationRep:
    Physics, its fascinating to read about it, was pretty easy for AS and I managed to get an A with little effort, but einsteins theory of special relativity is just way too much for me. What scares me is special relativity is supposed to 'easy' compared to general relativity. Its completely mind boggling that as something moves faster it gets heavier and its mass tends towards infinity!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stephhcharlene)
    yeah, you do C1, C2 and S1 in first year and C3, C4 and S2 in second.
    Oh, no I thought you meant for Maths and Stats to be one whole A-level qualification, as oppose to just Maths, which obviously has 2 other supplementary modules

ReputationRep:
    Regretting taking biology :/ but now that I think about there wasn't any other subject I would have wanted to take.

Looking forward to dropping it for A2 :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    Politics

ReputationRep:
    English Lit. I found it so, so boring and I only chose it because it was one of them subjects I was good at without trying very hard. I wish I'd have taken French instead.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mir3a)
    Oh, no I thought you meant for Maths and Stats to be one whole A-level qualification, as oppose to just Maths, which obviously has 2 other supplementary modules
    I am not sure what you mean? :P The course gives you one a-level over two years. As in it is 'math with stats' not maths as one alevel and stats as another...

ReputationRep:
    Critical thinking :/ AS was okay A2 is not :|

ReputationRep:
    Economics!!!!!! ITS AWFUL and BORING!!! AND IM USELESS AT IT!!!

And maybe english language - i enjoy it and am quite good at it but at times it can be v tedious...

ReputationRep:
    Fine Art... Spent 5 hours painting an A4 sheet of paper today when I've got a Physics exam tomorow :z

ReputationRep:
    Physics. Is a stupid subject. If it was a person I would get a rocket launcher and blow him up. **** YOU PHYSICS. **** YOU!

ReputationRep:
    Religious Studies,not because it was difficult but because I don't like vague questions and stuff that asks me about current affairs and what not.I'm pretty clueless in that area.

ReputationRep:
    bio

ReputationRep:
    For me it has to be either art due to the work load and the fact that my teachers only criticise me and I never have any positive feedback even though I'm working at an A.
    Or spanish, because for me it is quite difficult, especially compared with GCSE!!!

ReputationRep:
    Chemistry.
    Biology.

Good grades at GCSE do not mean you're good at the subjects... :sigh:

ReputationRep:
    psychology... can't wait to drop it

didn't realise they could make the mind seem so boring

ReputationRep:
    Haha tbh I wish I hasn't picked most of my subjects . Media and Sociology aren't respected and not as good as I remembered them to be at GCSE, and some of the content for Psychology makes me want to die.

ReputationRep:
    Motherfvcking chemistry

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. SAE Institute
    Animation, Audio, Film, Games, Music, Business, Web Further education
    Thu, 16 Aug '18
  2. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
  3. University of Bolton
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
Poll
Will you be tempted to trade up and get out of your firm offer on results day?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.