Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hanz_a93)
    Definantly psychology...even though i did really good in it with hardly any revision(any revision i did was very passive and relaxed) and i still got an A..so i have to keep it at A2!
    I am exactly the same! I was going to drop it, but I'm keeping it on now as I also got an A haha.

ReputationRep:
    The older you get, the more you realize how cool mathematics is.

ReputationRep:
    English Language and Business Studies. I only worked out half way through year 12 that I hated essay writing, and loved Maths. Although in hindsight I think I should have taken Physics, it all worked out well anyway. Take a mixture of what you enjoy and what you're good at and you'll be fine.

ReputationRep:
    Psychology :gah: tried to convince myself i liked it, but hated it. Ended up with a B at AS, but it was just . . . soul destroying, memorising a pile of old tripe.

ReputationRep:
    health and social... WOW can anything be any more boring????? I hated every related to it, ended up getting a B but was soooooooo glad to drop it, didnt think twice!

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    Chemistry.

Never was a great fan of Chem (and to a certain extent Physics) would have taken FM if i had another chance.

Pitty that almost all Med schools **** over chem....

ReputationRep:
    Chemistry and Biology.

ReputationRep:
    World Development. Only did it at AS because I then realised that it was the most boring course ever and no one had heard of it

ReputationRep:
    ECONOMICS

just was not for me!

ReputationRep:
    physics just a year of absolute boredom.....although i did manage to get much furthur on angry birds thanks to it

ReputationRep:
    English literature! It was so boring. When i chose my a-levels, my GCSE english teachers really talked up a-level english - but it was such a dissapointment. Still got an A, but still..........

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dhillon1)
    history. oh god learning about the rise of the labour party and how the liberals introduced many social reforms that changed the british economy in the early 1900s bored me to death. i would rather jump off a building and hope to catch my eyelid on a nail than sit through that agen
    nice imagery there I'm currently taking higher history and doing that.I loved SG,but this is pretty boring,. PLEASE tell me it get's better.

ReputationRep:
    Biology really hard and so much to learn, could have cost me my uni place!!!

ReputationRep:
    Chemistry was horrible

and being forced to take decision maths at my college D1 and D2 are retarded.

M1 M2 would have been AMAZING

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by supernova92 )
    Chemistry.
    I dropped it after AS, but I'd still rather have done something else.. maybe further maths, or music
    Chemistry for me too

Although, I won't be dropping in at A2.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by louiseyoung)
    Psychology :gah: tried to convince myself i liked it, but hated it. Ended up with a B at AS, but it was just . . . soul destroying, memorising a pile of old tripe.
    This.

Wish I'd of taken History or RS instead.

ReputationRep:
    English.
    Biology.

Biology because it was my only science, and it's completely useless on its own. To boot, it's all one big fact learning exercise, which bores me to no end.

English Literature because it's quite frankly the biggest crock of **** I've ever studied. Last summer, I got an E in the AS exam. January came, my retake came, I hadn't spent even a minute revising (which means I knew a lot less than I did the first time around) yet I somehow walked out with a B in my pocket. I wasn't proud of my grade, I had no reason to be. The entire subject's a mess.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sarky.)
    Maths and Physics.

Dropped maths at the end of AS level, wish I could drop Physics now
    What was the problem with physics? Just asking cause i'm planning on taking it lol

ReputationRep:
    Biology drained the soul from my body.
    I think it was less the subject, which couldve been quite interesting, but my teachers were a pair of saps who were addicted to powerpoint.

University open days

• University of Warwick
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
  • University of Sheffield
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
  • Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.