The Student Room Group

A-Levels you regretted taking.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Hanz_a93
Definantly psychology...even though i did really good in it with hardly any revision(any revision i did was very passive and relaxed) and i still got an A..so i have to keep it at A2! :angry:

I am exactly the same! I was going to drop it, but I'm keeping it on now as I also got an A haha.
The older you get, the more you realize how cool mathematics is.
Reply 582
English Language and Business Studies. I only worked out half way through year 12 that I hated essay writing, and loved Maths. Although in hindsight I think I should have taken Physics, it all worked out well anyway. Take a mixture of what you enjoy and what you're good at and you'll be fine. :smile:
Psychology :gah: tried to convince myself i liked it, but hated it. Ended up with a B at AS, but it was just . . . soul destroying, memorising a pile of old tripe.
Reply 584
health and social... WOW can anything be any more boring????? I hated every related to it, ended up getting a B but was soooooooo glad to drop it, didnt think twice!
(edited 11 years ago)
Chemistry.

Never was a great fan of Chem (and to a certain extent Physics) would have taken FM if i had another chance.

Pitty that almost all Med schools **** over chem.... :colonhash:
Chemistry and Biology.
Reply 588
World Development. Only did it at AS because I then realised that it was the most boring course ever and no one had heard of it
Reply 589
ECONOMICS

just was not for me!
Reply 590
physics just a year of absolute boredom.....although i did manage to get much furthur on angry birds thanks to it
English literature! It was so boring. When i chose my a-levels, my GCSE english teachers really talked up a-level english - but it was such a dissapointment. Still got an A, but still..........
Original post by dhillon1
history. oh god learning about the rise of the labour party and how the liberals introduced many social reforms that changed the british economy in the early 1900s bored me to death. i would rather jump off a building and hope to catch my eyelid on a nail than sit through that agen

nice imagery there :biggrin: I'm currently taking higher history and doing that.I loved SG,but this is pretty boring,. PLEASE tell me it get's better.
Biology :frown::frown: really hard and so much to learn, could have cost me my uni place!!!
Chemistry was horrible

and being forced to take decision maths at my college D1 and D2 are retarded.

M1 M2 would have been AMAZING
Original post by supernova92
Chemistry.
I dropped it after AS, but I'd still rather have done something else.. maybe further maths, or music :smile:

Chemistry for me too :tongue:

Although, I won't be dropping in at A2.
Reply 596
Original post by louiseyoung
Psychology :gah: tried to convince myself i liked it, but hated it. Ended up with a B at AS, but it was just . . . soul destroying, memorising a pile of old tripe.

This.

Wish I'd of taken History or RS instead.
Reply 597
English.
Biology.

Biology because it was my only science, and it's completely useless on its own. To boot, it's all one big fact learning exercise, which bores me to no end.

English Literature because it's quite frankly the biggest crock of **** I've ever studied. Last summer, I got an E in the AS exam. January came, my retake came, I hadn't spent even a minute revising (which means I knew a lot less than I did the first time around) yet I somehow walked out with a B in my pocket. I wasn't proud of my grade, I had no reason to be. The entire subject's a mess.
Original post by Sarky.
Maths and Physics.

Dropped maths at the end of AS level, wish I could drop Physics now :frown:

What was the problem with physics? Just asking cause i'm planning on taking it lol :colondollar:
Reply 599
Biology drained the soul from my body.
I think it was less the subject, which couldve been quite interesting, but my teachers were a pair of saps who were addicted to powerpoint.

Quick Reply

Latest