Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Biology. :ahhhhh:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kashim91)
    Physics , cos i hate the practicals always get crappy grades in them, I love the theory though and do well in it.
    what percentage was the practical side in your a level and what examboard did you take it with?

ReputationRep:
    Accounting.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by imyza)
    Haven't even started my a levels yet but I can already tell I will regret taking photography but there's no other decent choices in that block. -_-
    I was just the same with economics....there was nothing i actually wanted to take in that block so was stuck with it and got a C after resitting jan's module too!!! Too much work and very boring!! Glad I can drop it for A2!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    Why does everyone on here hate maths so much!!!!!!!!!!
    Maths is my best subejct and im going to do it at uni so.......

ReputationRep:
    ICT.... I love it don't get me wrong but having to resit it sooo many times throughout my A Levels due to weird mark schemes dragged my other subjects down significantly.

Damn you OCR ¬¬

ReputationRep:
    Spanish, because my teacher was almost certainly a paedophile. SLIGHTLY AWKWARD TIMES.

ReputationRep:
    Music Technology. Brilliant subject. Challenging. Loved it. Taught me a whole bunch of skills that no other subject could, including the ability to manage my own time on a long project.

Totally misunderstood and unfairly looked down upon by Universities. Held me back at applications, and I am now doing much better than people who did all the standard subjects. It's just kind of soul destroying to have that happen to you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by georgiemuc)
    My advice would just be do something you're really interested in regardless of whether you think it will be too easy/hard or looked down/up upon.

I did Maths, Physics, Law and Economics and carried them all on to A2 however I hated Physics, I only really chose it because I thought it was a "good" A level to have and German wasn't available at my college which is what I really wanted to do. I spent the whole 2 years mind numbingly bored and unmotivated as I just wasn't interested in it and although I ended up with a good grade in it I would much of preffered to do something like Politics/History etc.

Regarding Maths - yes it is REALLY hard, I spent most of the time panicking about the exams, madly revising and convincing myself I had failed however I love Maths and I had a great teacher so I really enjoyed it even though it was hard work.

When it came to Economics and Law I loved them, and did really well, in both of them from the start. I took Economics with only a slight interest in it and now I'm going to be doing Economics at University when I always assumed I would be doing Law. When it came to Law I sometimes regretted it because it isn't so much a respected A level but since I did 4 A2s I don't think it matters that much plus it was a much more enjoyable experience than doing Physics which is a much more respected subject.

IN SHORT: Do what you really enjoy and not what you think other people think you should do!

Wow, who knew I had so much to say about A Level choices
    Hahaha regardless of how much you had to say, its all great advice!! This thread must be very offputting Subjects suit all people differently.....

ReputationRep:
    Physics!

Love maths but can't stand physics :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LOCI)
    ECONOMICS

just was not for me!
    Sames!!!!! Its so much work and pretty boring...... :/ Plus I dont get politics so...
    Are you dropping it for A2? What did you get at AS?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SpamBa)
    Spanish, because my teacher was almost certainly a paedophile. SLIGHTLY AWKWARD TIMES.
    Haha xD

I thought that was just the PE teachers

ReputationRep:
    I regret taking a psychology A level. My school only discussed the good things about the subject and somehow neglected to mention the 'learning 50 essays for an exam' bit ¬.¬

ReputationRep:
    Sociology. Just eugh. It was my easiest subject and I dropped it at AS because it was so STUPID.

ReputationRep:
    Regretted most of my choices! AS Biology was the devil's subject. Then Law and Psychology had the same flaws, in that they are interesting subjects, just behind a really badly designed A-Level that misses out the good bits, and replaces them with case/study memorising. Such a shame.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kingjulien)
    What was the problem with physics? Just asking cause i'm planning on taking it lol
    From experience, I think people either get physics or they don't... my school was a 50/50 split of people who could get As with ease, and people who struggled to get Cs and Ds. And that was after all the people who did it because it 'seemed like a good A level to have' dropped out

ReputationRep:
    Further Maths got a U in A2 somehow and it affected my normal Maths :'(

ReputationRep:
    I wish I did maths.... cuz mathematicians get all the girls.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by physicsfuntimes)
    From experience, I think people either get physics or they don't... my school was a 50/50 split of people who could get As with ease, and people who struggled to get Cs and Ds. And that was after all the people who did it because it 'seemed like a good A level to have' dropped out
    well i find the gcse really easy (triple science). comparing the two how difficult is it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NapoleonDynamite)
    Haha xD

I thought that was just the PE teachers
    ....he was too, but I avoided A Level PE as my greatest sporting achievement remains the time I broke someone's nose with a netball. In year three.

Still, no one was safe from Gallers, not even the boys. He wasn't fussy. Once I had to bend over to get some paper and HE BENT OVER BEHIND ME and said something in my ear. It was wrong on so many levels :lolwut:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.