Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Psychology!
    I'm only two months in and I hate it already and I've missed the deadline to drop it so I am going to have to carry on.
    I wish I had chosen an AS in Physics instead.
    I'm planning to carry on with Maths, Bio and Chem though next year even if I do get a good grade in psychology by some chance.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by greengables)
    I really regret taking History - I really enjoyed it at GCSE but didn't realise just how much more difficult it became at A Level, and how boring my teachers were. I really wish I'd done Music instead, or even something completely different like Economics. I was too narrow-minded when I chose my options!
    Oh my goodness.. this is so funny, as now I'm into Year 13, History has become my favourite subject! To keep on the subject of the thread, the subject I most regret now is Maths. Unless you really care about it, don't do it!

ReputationRep:
    Maths - got an A* at GCSE, so was under the impression that I'd coast through AS + A2 without a worry.

How bad of an impression did that turn out to be?

Got a mid-B in AS :nothing:

Dropped at end of AS.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mijin)
    AS Italian, ab initio.

Worst ten months of my life. :c
    I've just started doing it and I'm feeling that already :unimpressed:

ReputationRep:
    Modern History... wish I'd taken Music Tech instead, that way I'd actually be able to do what what I really want at uni >.<

ReputationRep:
    Business Studies and ICT.

They are not respected (I didn't know that when I chose them).

I got A's in both and I didn't even revise for business. However out of all my A-levels I found business the hardest, and never got more than a B in any work/test throughout the year.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Etoile)
    I've just started doing it and I'm feeling that already :unimpressed:
    It'll really pick up in a couple of weeks - we were taught the present, future, past and conditional tenses in as many lessons, and got absolutely destroyed by our teacher if we dare forgot a conjugation. Having said that, I was hating it already by this time last year and therefore got lazy... if you make the effort (a lot of effort!), I don't see why you won't do well.

We were a lazy class and nobody got As. I got an E for my trouble. :teehee:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mijin)
    It'll really pick up in a couple of weeks - we were taught the present, future, past and conditional tenses in as many lessons, and got absolutely destroyed by our teacher if we dare forgot a conjugation. Having said that, I was hating it already by this time last year and therefore got lazy... if you make the effort (a lot of effort!), I don't see why you won't do well.

We were a lazy class and nobody got As. I got an E for my trouble. :teehee:
    Good to hear We did the past tense today, because our teacher got annoyed that we kept getting translation exercises wrong because we didn't know the tense :rolleyes:
    I never even wanted to do it in the first place, but now I feel obligated to get an A :rant:
    Off topic, your UCAS is pretty awesome! :ahee:

ReputationRep:
    MATHS!

Eughhh. I actually hate it.

Eventhough i can do calculations and stuff, and i get the work...It doesnt interest me, and if something doesnt interest me, i dont particularly like it.

I dropped it at AS! I'm so glad, Maths Free...till Uni! Woopdidoo¬¬

ReputationRep:
    Chemistry

ReputationRep:
    Chemistry - hard to keep up :L
    Business - just boring and repetitive, not respected and my teacher is ****

ReputationRep:
    Good to hear We did the past tense today, because our teacher got annoyed that we kept getting translation exercises wrong because we didn't know the tense :rolleyes:
    I never even wanted to do it in the first place, but now I feel obligated to get an A :rant:
    Off topic, your UCAS is pretty awesome! :ahee:
    Well, good luck with that! I found it to be an extremely finicky language... I hate highly inflected languages, and had I known Italian was just that before I applied, I'd never have taken it. Japanese and Korean all the way The best thing you can do with Italian ab initio at AS is just to keep up. I fell behind very quickly, and I failed. Just learn your tenses, learn your vocabulary, and revise them. Lots.

Thank you~ c: I'm extremely unlikely to get a place at SOAS and I have no intention of going to Brookes or UEA :teehee:... they're just there because I'm more likely to get an offer from them and I won't feel as bad in the case I get three straight rejections from SOAS. If I don't get SOAS this year, I'll just do a third year at college and do the subjects I so wanted to take but didn't :ahee: *pumps fist*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oli_G)
    What board are you doing. I did AS ICT last year (in year 11) and it we didn't need to do any coursework or tasks for it
    I'm doing OCR A2 ICT. In AS we had to do coursework tasks and in A2 we're doing a project which is never-ending. It's more paper-work than ICT.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Executioner)
    I'm doing OCR A2 ICT. In AS we had to do coursework tasks and in A2 we're doing a project which is never-ending. It's more paper-work than ICT.
    Oh right, is probably more difficult than what I did (AQA AS)

ReputationRep:
    Chemistry. Not because I disliked the subject, but because I wasn't great at it and would have probably gotten a grade higher in something else.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheQuietOne)
    Wow...which exam board was this?
    We're doing it with AQA and I love it. I find all the topics fascinating and I never just memorised points at AS...I just learned some case studies, statistics and definitions and then planned and wrote my answers as I went along. Got an A.
    I also have a brilliant teacher though so that helps too
    I did it with Edexcel and awful teachers! Haha, the teacher who taught us the human geography module was completely uninspiring, and the other teacher, although more enthusiastic, was a complete *******.

So my overall geography experience wasn't great, and it doesn't help that I'm really bad at motivating myself to just learn and revise content/case studies. Although I did manage to get a B overall.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Executioner)
    I feel your pain :') I have lost count of how many times I have resat modules within that course

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Carinaea)
    I did it with Edexcel and awful teachers! Haha, the teacher who taught us the human geography module was completely uninspiring, and the other teacher, although more enthusiastic, was a complete *******.

So my overall geography experience wasn't great, and it doesn't help that I'm really bad at motivating myself to just learn and revise content/case studies. Although I did manage to get a B overall.
    Exactly what happened with me!!

however, i didnt get a B...got much lower!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mijin)
    Well, good luck with that! I found it to be an extremely finicky language... I hate highly inflected languages, and had I known Italian was just that before I applied, I'd never have taken it. Japanese and Korean all the way The best thing you can do with Italian ab initio at AS is just to keep up. I fell behind very quickly, and I failed. Just learn your tenses, learn your vocabulary, and revise them. Lots.

Thank you~ c: I'm extremely unlikely to get a place at SOAS and I have no intention of going to Brookes or UEA :teehee:... they're just there because I'm more likely to get an offer from them and I won't feel as bad in the case I get three straight rejections from SOAS. If I don't get SOAS this year, I'll just do a third year at college and do the subjects I so wanted to take but didn't :ahee: *pumps fist*
    Thanks for the advice What're Japanese and Korean like?
    Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for the advice What're Japanese and Korean like?
    Good luck!
    Easy as pants compared to the Romance family. Very very little inflection, no pesky genders, very little use of complicated pronouns, no pluralisation, beautiful scripts and beautiful phonologies. I loves 'em

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
    Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.