Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Evangelica)
    MEI OCR Mathematics - WHY GOD WHY??!!?!
    Really, I did it, thought it was ok, looked easier than some of the other exam boards...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sparrow-legs)
    I hated English literature at A2! AS was great, we studied Shakespeare and Chaucer, but at A2 it was Gothic literature (snore) and Sylvia Plath (depression overload).
    im doing english lit A2 right now...shakespeare and Chaucer for the exam...ive got 5 essays to do these holidays ...what did u get in english lit?

ReputationRep:
    Physics for me. Took it as thought a proper science would be good but turned out I was no good + had an appaling teacher so hated it. Scraped a B in the end but had to work so hard for it at the detrement of some of my other grades. Despite making these up at A2 I still wish I'd taken RS - would have been just as good for getting into uni for my course and I could have cruised through it (well, maybe not as didn't take it but it had to of been better than physics).

ReputationRep:
    Biology, but I dropped it after a few months. Science kills me.
    Now it's English Lit. Used to be my favourite subject, but I'm hating it atm. It's the only one giving me any difficulty.

ReputationRep:
    DT... if I could restart from AS I'd do an A-level in fmaths instead. DT was (still is) pretty fun, but I can't help but feel it weakened my uni application a little with it being my third A-level, and I probably would have gotten more from a second maths A-level.

ReputationRep:
    Maths. I've spent the last year and a half failing all my exams, trying to convince my parents to let me drop it. Now my final exam is a month and a half and I know I'm going to fail

ReputationRep:
    French. AS the teacher fell ill with cancer after about a week, so we were juggled between about 4 or 5 substitute teachers for the year. None of us ended up learning anything...most people in our class got a U, with only about 6-7 marks on average (although somehow i still pulled off a C). Decided to take it for A2 anyway, for insurance on UCAS grades (in case one of my others slipped)..had the world's worst teacher. She assumed we knew all the A2 stuff already in terms of grammar, vocab etc, gave us insane amounts of work to do with no explanation whatsoever...i could go on, but you get the point. Dropped that halfway through, mainly thanks to my huge amount of patience (would've dropped it earlier otherwise)

ReputationRep:
    Philosophy... It's just so confusing!

I wish I had studied Politics or Classics instead, I can't even drop it, as the most rational thing for me to do would be to drop Art

ReputationRep:
    Media Studies... -.-
    Because I realised it wasn't going to do anything for me and I could have done an AS level in something more useful...

ReputationRep:
    Physics, dropped it for Maths before AS year. Then Latin after a week, dropped it for Physics again. Now? INCREDIBLY gutted I didn't change to Geography, especially since I want to study Geog at uni now ): Oh well though. Dropping Physics and Gen Studies (compulsory) at the end of this year, picking up Geog AS and hopefully doing an EPQ on reducing tectonic impacts Not too bad, strangely Physics is my second best subject from my Jan exams, after Maths, other than that I do Biology and Chemistry.
    :cool:

ReputationRep:
    I took RS (not hard, just dull). Wish I had taken something slightly more academic tbh (I took English, Product Design and ICT) like History, or Law (although I did neither at GCSE so not sure I would've been able to)

ReputationRep:
    I really have no clue why I took maths this year,I dont even need it,but my mum thought I couldnt do it and I stupidly took it to prove her wrong but yes,she's right.I fail at it.I liked english and love reading but I'm getting so fed up constantly analysing texts,what does the open door mean,the red blanket etc..grr,it hurts my head.

ReputationRep:
    A2 PSYCHOLOGY is DISGUSTING. Some of it is interesting, the the amount of essays you need to memorise is crazy. And pretty useless if you aren't taking Psychology at uni imo

ReputationRep:
    **** ICT

ReputationRep:
    i hated my A-levels and if i had the chance i would re-do them again.
    but now i have graduated, got a job so i have to move on i guess. oh well.

ReputationRep:
    German...wish my school did Spanish/Economics

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by manic_fuzz)
    OCR, we have to memorise 15 psychological studies... as well as psychological investigations (which is basically knowing how to conduct an experiment)
    ahh, well that's obviously going to be loooads more interesting than what i'm doing :rolleyes: good luck with it
    Hah, just wait 'til A2, you get another harder more detailed investigations paper called 'Approaches & Research methods', and as for the case study part... you have to memorise 72 studies.. Fun! I advise going over them after school everyday, otherwise they'll bite you in the butt when you find you have 2 months left and have forgotten them all!

Anyway, I regret taking Human Biology OCR, our teacher got fired for low standards and being months behind and now we have no teacher There are also no revision guides, just one text book which is mostly incorrect (particularly diagrams.. & and I can't believe it claimed the 7 billionth person was born in 2002!) Should have done normal bio instead...
    Also regret Salter's OCR Chemistry- it's the hardest chemistry of the lot, the coursework's EVIL (18 hrs practicle, 100hrs write up, and the grade wasn't worth it!), it has the most boring topics I've ever studied (The Polymer Revolution.. -_-), It's very different to GCSE chem and much harder, and it has a lot of maths in it (which I suck at!!) Would have done Physics instead, or something easy/that I'm really good at for the extra UCAS points/A Grade.
    Psychology and Gov&Politics are fine, although Politics was a doss in AS but in A2 has now evolved into a real subect! :eek:

ReputationRep:
    physicsssssss

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cool_beans1993)
    im doing english lit A2 right now...shakespeare and Chaucer for the exam...ive got 5 essays to do these holidays ...what did u get in english lit?
    A big fat C! It was my worst A level by miles But I don't care. It seems like a million years ago now, and I'm heading to med school in sept!

ReputationRep:
    Geography. Loved it at Standard Grade...not so much at higher...

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.