The Student Room Group

A-Levels you regretted taking.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by sparrow-legs
A big fat C! It was my worst A level by miles :redface: But I don't care. It seems like a million years ago now, and I'm heading to med school in sept! :biggrin:

im soo worried about my english grade!
yh its good atleast u dont need it anymore :smile:
Chemistry D:

and to a certain extend Spanish........
Sociology-I hate it. :-/
I like History ,but there is a lot of it. :-S
And English Lit is good, but boring to revise.
Reply 123
Eeew... I sohuldn't have picked English Lit. I hate Seamus f***ing Heaney. I sohlud have picked French instead
Philosophy

WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
Reply 125
Music, although im still doin it for A2, i wish some1 had told me that i would have to do so much compostions and harmonising especially seen as i can't play the piano.
Physics D: And I suppose Chemistry as well.

Why oh why did I think I could be a vet and not look at other possibilities? I just wish I had found BioMed before year 12 and fell in love with the course before I chose my options :frown:

I did Bio, Chem, Phys and Japanese for AS. Then dropped Japanese. Wish I had taken P.E or Psychology instead now :frown:
Reply 127
Critical thinking.. so incredibly boring, thought it was an easy one then got a D at AS!
Nothing I'd drop tbh, I WOULD say philosophy&ethics and then take psychology but if I did that then I'd probably have to revise more than two weeks before the exam.

And let's face it. That ain't happening.
English Language, not because of difficulty though, because I didn't enjoy it, it bored me after a while, and I just couldn't be bothered with it by the end.
Reply 130
English Lit.. I only did it because I wanted 5 AS levels for an ego trip. What a waste - still, decent b with very little exam preparation, and I've simply rehashed an essay from earlier on for coursework. So not too bad, although still I should've done 4 subjects.
maths.
Original post by SiaSiaSia
Philosophy

WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

How many banks did you have to rob to pay for your gap year?!

... Advice plz? :h:
(edited 13 years ago)
I wish I hadn't dropped economic after AS. I used to suck at it in the beginning, but did pretty well in my exams :biggrin:
Original post by multiplexing-gamer
What did you get at GCSE?

Dropped Chemistry by the way, not maths =]
I got an A in maths and a B in chemistry... x
I regret taking Chemistry and English Literature so much!
I wished I didn't do biology or even chemistry and instead did music :yep:
Reply 137
Biology. I will regret this decision for the rest of my life.
Reply 138
Original post by kashim91
Physics , cos i hate the practicals always get crappy grades in them, I love the theory though and do well in it.

Exactly the same...at AS I got two full mark written papers but it ended up being my lowest A because of the practical...I ended up messing up the electric station up so much it took my teachers 10 minutes to put it back the way it was supposed to be before the next person could use it .... repeating the practical this year..not that it will help much :frown:
biology.
the subject's an argument for euthanasia. i'm going to need a miracle to pass a2 this year.

Quick Reply

Latest