Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Music. It clashed with my other subjects (Biology, Psychology, English Lit, General Studies) it was boring and tedious, and I unexpectedly found it much harder than GCSE music, which tbh was a bit of a doss. Plus it was completely useless :/

ReputationRep:
    I
    C
    T

What a bane of my life.

ReputationRep:
    Business Studies - most boring subject! And most universities dont even look at it! FML!

ReputationRep:
    Although I had plenty of fun, it would have to be biology an chemistry. Absolute pain

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Karma Charger)
    Really, I did it, thought it was ok, looked easier than some of the other exam boards...
    Not for me - MEI Advanced Maths? It's called advanced for a reason hahaha, it's the most difficult. It's the only A-Level I genuinely have to work super hard to get an A in.....that could be because I don't pay attention in lessons. Got an A last year, but need one this year too for uni.

ReputationRep:
    I regret taking Physics. I just have to deal with it and get a good grade now!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Agent Smirnoff)
    I regret taking Physics. I just have to deal with it and get a good grade now!!
    Same. Got loads of neg rep for saying that on the first page though lol.

ReputationRep:
    Film studies...a lot harder than I thought it would be and yet not respected at all so a waste of a year, very stupidly dropped out of A2 because of it as I only did 3 subjects for AS

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by laurenl93)
    How many banks did you have to rob to pay for your gap year?!

... Advice plz?
    None. I've been asked this SO many times and I even had it on my sig but I'll forgive you.

I had a job for 3 months 29 hours a week which paid for round the world, and then I worked at Debenhams 30ish hours a week at £6 October-January and got way over £1,000 which paid towards France, Vienna, Estonia and Interrailing and I also got money for my birthday and christmas from relatives and my parents gave me some money to my french course when I was 18 (19 and 3 months now) which I'd been keeping safe for over a year

I was also very meticulous and careful with my money and tried to choose off-peak dates to go everywhere... Estonia flights were only £10 return!

I still have a bit of money left but once I book a holiday to greece and pay for living costs in Vienna I'll be skint again!

ReputationRep:
    English Lit - finding it really hard

ReputationRep:
    Maths was a pain in the arse, but my school required me to do it in order to take physics. So I don't regret it.

ReputationRep:
    Also to all those moaning about English Lit: I know your pain. It's an exercise in hoop-jumping, damn AOs.

ReputationRep:
    trust me on this
    biology is a subject that i really regretted carrying on

and i know people will agree with me on this

ReputationRep:
    Biology and Chemistry (at AS). I thought I wanted to do medicine but it just isn't me and I now want to do maths. I enjoy neither of these subjects nor will I need them for any offers.

I really wanna do 4 A2s though so I'm wondering whether I should do a different AS+A2 next year. If so I wouldn't know what to pick!

ReputationRep:
    Maths -.-

I actually loved GCSE Maths, so I was like, hey, I want to do Medicine, let's take maths! Bad Idea. I was not going to get above a C in it, so I dropped it in March, going to take AS Sociology/RS next year with my A-levels in bio, chem and psych

ReputationRep:
    Critical Thinking. It was a waste of my life

ReputationRep:
    Physics.

ReputationRep:
    Maths - A* at GCSE
    - U at AS

:s

ReputationRep:
    Chemistry and maths, in fact I hated them so much I dropped down a year and started again.

ReputationRep:
    Business studies. Was horrible. They told me there was 'not much' math involved. (I am terrible at all math). Turns out there were quite a few formulas you had to know. Needless to say I failed miserably and ended up doing a foundation in my undergrad subject. That has turned out well. But, if I could do it again I would not take business studies!

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. London Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 18 Aug '18
  2. Edge Hill University
    All Faculties Undergraduate
    Sat, 18 Aug '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 18 Aug '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.