Turn on thread page Beta

shoplifted last july.. watch

ReputationRep:
    I created a new account for this because i'm very ashamed and never told anyone, so don't accuse me of trolling please.

Last july i shoplifted a very minor thing from Tesco and got caught, they told me not to come back to the store. I live very near to tesco and so i did return because it's just very convenient for me. I went probably 7 times until they approached me and told me again that i wasn't allowed in there and next time he saw me they would call the police. This time they took my details and filled out a form etc. Since that date I avoided going in there, and hadn't until about 4 weeks ago. I'm very cautious not to go when the security guard that caught me is working, furthermore, I look very different (my only problem is i'm very tall and may be noticable) , I basically wear a wig and there's a chance he wouldn't recognise me. In fact, I went about an hour ago and for the first time I spotted the guard that knew me, and he walked straight past me.

Can anyone who's been in this position help me? Should i be going into this store since it has been about 8 months? Personally I would never do it again and i'm surprised i did, however it's a huge inconvenience not being able to shop there. Can they still arrest me?

ReputationRep:
    You are a horrible, horrible person. You realise it is a sin to steal? You're not only breaking the law, but your breaking God's will too :mad::mad:
    Don't go back to that store; you don't have a right to enter that store; entrance is a privilege, and they have the right to deny you that privilege. :mad:

Edit: as this is in chat it is probablly a troll

ReputationRep:
    are you joking?

also yes it's in chat, because i didn't know where to put it...

can you give me constructive feedback please.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by starrry)
    are you joking?

also yes it's in chat, because i didn't know where to put it...

can you give me constructive feedback please.
    If you ran a business and you caught someone stealing from you, would you be happy for them to return to your business in the future? Be considerate; you did wrong and must pay the price for what you did. As the old saying goes - if you can't do the time, don't do the crime. It may be convenient for you to shop there, but you have lost the priviledge of that convenience due to your sinful actions, and have to accept that. Hopefully they have informed other stores locally so they have a 'head's up' when you try and shop there :mad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wilberforce)
    If you ran a business and you caught someone stealing from you, would you be happy for them to return to your business in the future? Be considerate; you did wrong and must pay the price for what you did. As the old saying goes - if you can't do the time, don't do the crime. It may be convenient for you to shop there, but you have lost the priviledge of that convenience due to your sinful actions, and have to accept that. Hopefully they have informed other stores locally so they have a 'head's up' when you try and shop there :mad:
    your opinion is pretty clear thanks but no they haven't had a heads up because i do shop there. I do know i was in the wrong but you're making it sound like i'm a criminal. I've already said i haven't done it since and wont, i know plenty of people who do MUCH worse, shoplift very expensive things. Also, i do not have a criminal record, so stop talking to me like i'm going to hell please.

ReputationRep:
    If you look different enough to be a different person than just deny that you are that person if they ask you to leave.

ReputationRep:
    You is a sinner! Ye must repent before returning or they will compell thee with the power of christ!

ReputationRep:
    At least you're not in a country that engages in sharia law, otherwise you would have had your arm chopped off.

ReputationRep:
    You stole from someone. Instead of getting a record or having to do community service, you were let off under one pretty simple condition. How hard is it to just not go into that shop? You're potentially risking quite a lot just by going in there.

ReputationRep:
    To be honest with you I'd really just avoid the shop regardless of how inconvenient it is. If I was ever caught stealingI'd never go to the shop again. But then again I guess I wouldn't steal neither.

I really don't think you should tbh. But if you must I guess it's fairly unlikely they won't see you, but is it really worth the trouble and anxiety, and, of course, the possibility of prosecution and a criminal record?

EMZ=]

ReputationRep:
    I'm puzzled how they remembered you, considering the amount of people that go in the store and probably have also been caught.

Ps what did you try and shoplift?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wilberforce)
    You are a horrible, horrible person. You realise it is a sin to steal? You're not only breaking the law, but your breaking God's will too :mad::mad:
    Don't go back to that store; you don't have a right to enter that store; entrance is a privilege, and they have the right to deny you that privilege. :mad:

Edit: as this is in chat it is probablly a troll
    lol, god.

ReputationRep:
    they get hitmen on you................

ReputationRep:
    Wear a disguise when you go shopping.

ReputationRep:
    Just go somewhere else...

There must be a Sainsbury's or Waitrose or Aldi etc. around you?

ReputationRep:
    Well, technically you are a criminal as you committed a crime..

ReputationRep:
    You guys are really harsh...

In reply to your question, if I were you I would probably try not to enter the store. If you need something, can't you just ask someone else to get it for you?

Perhaps write them a friendly letter... I'm not sure. But look at it from the managers perspective, you kinda did the wrong thing and they didn't take any 'major' action against you, so if the see you back in, they'd just expect your up to no good.

Really not sure.

ReputationRep:
    Just wait until the statute of limitations runs out, then they can't do anything about it anyway.
    If they ring police and say you were shoplifting they probably won't be able to prove it or prosecute you, if you are mixed race or a minority accuse them of discrimination. Always works.

ReputationRep:
    Draw a moustache on and wear a wig?

Or wear a balaclava and use a banana in a plastic bag to properly rob the place.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stefan1991)
    Just wait until the statute of limitations runs out, then they can't do anything about it anyway.
    If they ring police and say you were shoplifting they probably won't be able to prove it or prosecute you, if you are mixed race or a minority accuse them of discrimination. Always works.
    hey, what's the statue of limitations?
    thank you but unfortunately i'm not mixed race! lol

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.