Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:

They cant and wont say ****.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by starrry)
    hey, what's the statue of limitations?
    thank you but unfortunately i'm not mixed race! lol
    That term is technically American, but I'm sure there's a similar thing for the UK.
    After a certain amount of time you cannot prosecute a case.

ReputationRep:
    oh right well thanks

ReputationRep:
    bumpbumpbump

ReputationRep:
    why bump it now???

ReputationRep:
    Hand in a CV that would be awesome.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wilberforce)
    If you ran a business and you caught someone stealing from you, would you be happy for them to return to your business in the future? Be considerate; you did wrong and must pay the price for what you did. As the old saying goes - if you can't do the time, don't do the crime. It may be convenient for you to shop there, but you have lost the priviledge of that convenience due to your sinful actions, and have to accept that. Hopefully they have informed other stores locally so they have a 'head's up' when you try and shop there :mad:
    i agree with this. the OP is a filthy thieving scally, and he expects to get away with it without any punnishment!

ReputationRep:
    Write a letter to the manager apologising for what you did, maybe they'll 'let you off'.

ReputationRep:
    your opinion is pretty clear thanks but no they haven't had a heads up because i do shop there. I do know i was in the wrong but you're making it sound like i'm a criminal. I've already said i haven't done it since and wont, i know plenty of people who do MUCH worse, shoplift very expensive things. Also, i do not have a criminal record, so stop talking to me like i'm going to hell please.
    You committed a crime, didn't you?

So what's your definition of a criminal?

ReputationRep:
    You're all being pricks to be honest. Everyone in the world makes mistakes regardless of who you are, don't judge people on theirs expecially when they are so insignificant and didn't effect anyones life. The guy is clearly sorry and has learnt his lesson, grow the **** up judging people and take a look in the mirror. The only person his small time thievery hurt was himself, not some big corporation like tesco. My advice to the thread starter find another shop and start fresh learn from your mistakes and put them in the past.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Charliee :))
    You is a sinner! Ye must repent before returning or they will compell thee with the power of christ!
    I ROFL'D to death

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't even have the guts to go back there until it was roughly 12 years later.

ReputationRep:
    I created a new account for this because i'm very ashamed and never told anyone, so don't accuse me of trolling please.

Last july i shoplifted a very minor thing from Tesco and got caught, they told me not to come back to the store. I live very near to tesco and so i did return because it's just very convenient for me. I went probably 7 times until they approached me and told me again that i wasn't allowed in there and next time he saw me they would call the police. This time they took my details and filled out a form etc. Since that date I avoided going in there, and hadn't until about 4 weeks ago. I'm very cautious not to go when the security guard that caught me is working, furthermore, I look very different (my only problem is i'm very tall and may be noticable) , I basically wear a wig and there's a chance he wouldn't recognise me. In fact, I went about an hour ago and for the first time I spotted the guard that knew me, and he walked straight past me.

Can anyone who's been in this position help me? Should i be going into this store since it has been about 8 months? Personally I would never do it again and i'm surprised i did, however it's a huge inconvenience not being able to shop there. Can they still arrest me?
    If they have barred you they can get the police to get rid of you. I'm sure they'd keep records as well.

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Boogaloo_Shrimp)
    I wouldn't even have the guts to go back there until it was roughly 12 years later.
    Why? I haven't posted on here in a while properly, but i've been going there a few times a week now. They've new security guards...

(Original post by dunneemagoo)
    You're all being pricks to be honest. Everyone in the world makes mistakes regardless of who you are, don't judge people on theirs expecially when they are so insignificant and didn't effect anyones life. The guy is clearly sorry and has learnt his lesson, grow the **** up judging people and take a look in the mirror. The only person his small time thievery hurt was himself, not some big corporation like tesco. My advice to the thread starter find another shop and start fresh learn from your mistakes and put them in the past.
    Thank you. I'm a girl btw and yeah i am really sorry and as i just said i've been back, since that day i haven't taken a thing.

And yes Tesco is hardly going to go out of business because of something i did nearly a year ago. Get over yourselves.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kasc)
    Write a letter to the manager apologising for what you did, maybe they'll 'let you off'.
    Do people actually do that?!

(Original post by kohlarn)
    You committed a crime, didn't you?

So what's your definition of a criminal?
    Like i said, get over yourself.

ReputationRep:
    Why? I haven't posted on here in a while properly, but i've been going there a few times a week now. They've new security guards...

Because I got caught shoplifting a lipgloss when I was like 10, and I felt so ashamed and embarrassed. Although I was just a kid, I think I'd still feel the same now if I were to steal something.
    And I just wouldn't want to go back there, plus I'd be scared of getting arrested.

ReputationRep:
    Because I got caught shoplifting a lipgloss when I was like 10, and I felt so ashamed and embarrassed. Although I was just a kid, I think I'd still feel the same now if I were to steal something.
    And I just wouldn't want to go back there, plus I'd be scared of getting arrested.
    Yeah i see your point. A few years ago my friend got caught shoplifting some make up in boots and they were gonna arrest her and everything. I had no idea she was doing it but they treated me as though i was in on it. It's a very shameful situation, that was a weird day

ReputationRep:
    Yeah i see your point. A few years ago my friend got caught shoplifting some make up in boots and they were gonna arrest her and everything. I had no idea she was doing it but they treated me as though i was in on it. It's a very shameful situation, that was a weird day
    I know what you mean, I look back on it and it seems so weird and surreal.
    I still get all shivery and nervous when I think about it haha.

ReputationRep:
    I know what you mean, I look back on it and it seems so weird and surreal.
    I still get all shivery and nervous when I think about it haha.
    Definately
    Did you parents know?
    Mine still don't..

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.