Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Foo Fighters - Wasting Light Watch

ReputationRep:
    Absolutely 100% love it. Re-ignited my love for Mr G prettyyy damn strongly =P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hobo06)
    Dispatched today, still hope I might get it Saturday
    dispathed today? It's not released yet?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bestofyou)
    dispathed today? It's not released yet?
    Sometimes the comapnies send them out early to avoid backlog. Happened when I pre-ordered IYH.

ReputationRep:
    who did you go through?

ReputationRep:
    who did you go through?
    Hm I can't remember now..may have been Amazon but not 100%

ReputationRep:
    eargasm.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lilyful)
    Hm I can't remember now..may have been Amazon but not 100%
    hmm, guess theres o point ordering now anyway, it will get here mon/tues if I'm lucky. I'll just go on itunes

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by concubine)
    White Limo is definitely not 'pop rock' anyway. And it's a ****ing great song, it almost sounds like it could be a b-side from Songs For The Deaf.
    As soon as I heard White Limo I wanted an album like that. :yep:

ReputationRep:
    Not arrived today :sad:

I did however listen to the stream posted above :coma:
    This is going to be on repeat in my car for quite some time

ReputationRep:
    Just downloaded it off itunes. 1:06 into 'Bridge Burning'....this is going to be a good album

ReputationRep:
    It better arrive today! I'm not going anywhere until the post gets here

ReputationRep:
    God this album is good, Foos are playing at a festival I have tickets for in the summer but I more than likely can't go, so not happy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dirtyoldriver)
    God this album is good, Foos are playing at a festival I have tickets for in the summer but I more than likely can't go, so not happy
    thats ****..Why can't you go? Why not sell it and buy another ticket to another venue/date

I've been looking at tickets to their concerts this summer. I had planned on staying here. But now that I'm 10times more impressed with wasting light, I may revive my interrail plan and see them in Madrid.

ReputationRep:
    thats ****..Why can't you go? Why not sell it and buy another ticket to another venue/date

I've been looking at tickets to their concerts this summer. I had planned on staying here. But now that I'm 10times more impressed with wasting light, I may revive my interrail plan and see them in Madrid.
    That's actually a pretty good suggestion if I can find someone to go with maybe not as far as Madrid!

It's Isle of Wight festival, I go every year as I live there but this year it's slap bang in the middle of A2s, and whilst I would happily take my chances and go, nobody else I would happily camp with is of the same opinion and going to a festival alone has never been a particularly appealing prospect

ReputationRep:
    Ffs, pre-ordered from Play.com over a month ago, and they can't even deliver it on release day :rant:

ReputationRep:
    Ffs, pre-ordered from Play.com over a month ago, and they can't even deliver it on release day :rant:
    You chose the free delivery option yeah? Last time I went with Play's free delivery I ended up sending an email stating that my order must of got lost in the post. It didn't, was just very slow.lol

ReputationRep:
    You chose the free delivery option yeah? Last time I went with Play's free delivery I ended up sending an email stating that my order must of got lost in the post. It didn't, was just very slow.lol
    I didn't know they offer paid delivery?
    Their delivery used to be brilliant, pre-orders often arrived a couple of days early (particularly CDs released on a Monday, I usually got them on the Saturday before) and normal orders would be dispatched either same/next day from ordering and arrive the day after, maybe 2 days if I was unlucky. But recently it's been poor, taking a week for things to arrive, and pre-orders can't even arrive on time

ReputationRep:
    I didn't know they offer paid delivery?
    Their delivery used to be brilliant, pre-orders often arrived a couple of days early (particularly CDs released on a Monday, I usually got them on the Saturday before) and normal orders would be dispatched either same/next day from ordering and arrive the day after, maybe 2 days if I was unlucky. But recently it's been poor, taking a week for things to arrive, and pre-orders can't even arrive on time
    Yeah, I think you can chose to pay for it when processing the order. Same as Amazon except amazon's is automatically on the paid option, so you have to change it to the free option.

Yeah exactly. I remember play would get it to me in a 2 days, which is quick as I live in Ireland and it usually takes longer than England/Scotland/Wales. That' why I thought the lost my item in the post when it took over a week to come.

ReputationRep:
    Heard it in full yesterday. Absolutely awesome album.

As others have said, it's as good as TCatS.

ReputationRep:
    The more I listen to it, the better it gets! This is what In Your Honor and Echoes, Silence, Patience and Grace should have been. I think I love it almost as much as One by One, and it's still growing on me.

I Should Have Known is one of the standout tracks for me. But there are too many that could be a close second!

And I've only just looked through the booklet and discovered a piece of tape which is apparently a part of the original recordings for the album. I thought I read that was going to be in the special editions but apparently not, just with initial release copies of the albums. This piece of tape has been in the same room as Dave Grohl, possibly even held in his hands. I now have this piece of tape, therefore I come to the conclusion that I have touched Dave Grohl

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.