Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What percentage do I need second and third year to get a 2:2, overall? Watch

ReputationRep:
    i was just wondering.

ReputationRep:
    50%-60%

ReputationRep:
    No i mean what would my average have to be second year, which is 25% and third year which is 75%
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by TheOtherGirl)
    No i mean what would my average have to be second year, which is 25% and third year which is 75%
    This depends very much on how your university awards degree class, as it varies between universities.

Some take an average of all your marks, some award the most prevalent class etc

ReputationRep:
    Dont really get whats so hard to understand but ok people

ReputationRep:
    I hope this will help im in first year so dont know
    http://uk.answers.yahoo.com/question...7064443AA4zUrZ

ReputationRep:
    Because, as already stated, it varies slightly between universities.

If you could tell us which university you're at then I'd be able to move this to your university's subforum (if one exists). Or you can ask your university.

ReputationRep:
    Assuming that a 2:2 is 50, then if x_2 is your second year overall percentage and x_3 for third year, then any two numbers that satisfy the following will work (eg 50 and 50, 20 and 60) but I'm making a lot of assumptions here (like if the uni actually merges the module marks together as a lump).

x_2 + 3x_3 \geq 200
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Clearly what we are trying to explain to you, because you're not understanding it. If you come here asking for help, and then receive it, there is no need to be so churlish because you didn't receive the type of answer you wanted - especially when this is as a direct result of you not providing enough information. People here will help you, and you should be a little more thankful about it to be honest.

ReputationRep:
    If you don't get what's so hard to understand, why can't you figure out the answer for yourself? If it's as simple as you seem to be implying, then it's simple enough for you to understand and therefore should be simple enough to figure out yourself.

ReputationRep:
    I think people who can't work out what mark they need to get a certain grade should just automatically fail. I mean how many threads do you see on this topic per week? Ridiculous.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nichrome)
    I think people who can't work out what mark they need to get a certain grade should just automatically fail. I mean how many threads do you see on this topic per week? Ridiculous.
    That's not really fair. A lot of times it helps to know what score to target when doing past papers etc

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
    Useful resources
    Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.