Turn on thread page Beta

POLL: Do you suffer from Hayfever? watch

Announcements
  • View Poll Results: Do you suffer from Hayfever?
    No, not at all.
    34.13%
    Yes- a little bit
    25.75%
    Yesss it kills mee
    40.12%

ReputationRep:
    No. I do not. But I am asthmatic. :mad:

ReputationRep:
    I used to have the WORST hayfever but now it's better, I still get swollen eyes and a runny nose but I don't have to be taken out of school for it :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Yes, I get hayfever big time, and have since the age of 14.

What's more, the seasons seems to start earlier in France than in the UK, and I've been feeling it for about a fortnight now, though more in the eyes than the nose so far.

I'm no good on most antihistamines - Telfast, Claratine etc. They send me into a frenzy and stop me from sleeping. I used to snitch my father's Polaramine tablets and take them in the evening. They are as good as a sleeping pill, so at least you get some rest and store up some strength for the following day.

Anyone else find anti-sedative antihistamines too.... stimulating ?

ReputationRep:
    I have always gotten it pretty badly, but it can vary a lot - it also makes my eczema flare up from time to time. I take ceterizine hydrochloride (same thing that's in Zyrtec) and occasionally diphenhydramine - though only when it starts making my symptoms particularly bad like itchy throat etc as it gets rid of my symptoms in 10 minutes or so. The downside is however, is that it makes me quite drowsy.

ReputationRep:
    mostly it affects my eyes and I feel like I want to actually remove them, lol. I use eyedrops

ReputationRep:
    Yes, I HATE it! I used to take loratadine tablets and now I take another one beginning with C, I forget the name. I used to need nasal spray when I was younger too.

ReputationRep:
    I have awful hayfever, it even triggered an anaphylactic shock one year so that was scary. Last year I had some steroid tablets which were amazing, really helped and made summer bearable, but went to see the doctor last week and she is reluctant to give me them again so I've got normal antihistamines, nasal spray and eye drops for now. I'll probably have to go back and push for the steroids again as the pollen count rises, antihistamines just aren't effective enough for me, and I can't afford to spend another summer indoors.

ReputationRep:
    Ello all..
    Well am Asthmatic and have hay-fever as well, makes it all fun.
    Being a nice cuddly guy ( yes! this means fatty ) whose health is not that great at all ( do I have health ) you will usually find me, wandering about the place, sitting on the seats till I find my breath again and cringing at the thought of taking the shopping home...

Wasn't always the case though, but I found out I was asthmatic and suffering from hay-fever when I was at the army cadet barracks in Penicuick. From this point on, trying to keep healthy was a struggle...

Anyhoo, take yer medicines, get out the house and force yourself out there, breath in thru the mouth and out the nose ( does work this, helped a few times when I had lost my tablets )
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Guess im lucky as i can actually go threw pollen fields and be fine, my mates come out the other side with swallowen faces and red eyes lol

ReputationRep:
    A bit, it's not nearly as bad as my Mum's though. I really feel for her in the summer. Beconase usually sorts me out.

ReputationRep:
    No, thankfully.

ReputationRep:
    A little bit - just a bit of piriton

ReputationRep:
    Oh, it´s horrible with my hayfever!
    Just lay awake for two hours this night because my nose kept running.
    Can´t go outside either....
    I have already endured some medical treatment. Got 21 injections! It was torture and hasn´t even helped!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 14, 2011
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.