Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

    (Original post by helpthetenant)
    both of you, in your posts you seem to justify the fact that they have their reason somehow to accept only professionals.
    The simple fact is that some students can be dreadful tenants and therefore many landlords don't want to take the risk. I've been to several student houses which have suffered a fair amount of damage. Damage aside, students are also more likely to be louder which, in a shared house/houses divided into flats, can be a big problem for the landlord, particularly if the other rooms/flats are occupied by professionals.

    In my second year, I lived in a house which had been advertised as wanting 'professionals only', because I managed to convince the landlord I was a nice, sensible person. I was the only student living there and I had to jump through bloody hoops to get it - apparently aside from the other problems, students have a bit of a reputation for not paying their rent. For me though, it was lovely compared to student accommodation - I really value my peace and quiet
What's the best type of cheese?
Find out more

Accommodation profiles:

Downing Students

Universal Student Living

“Over 25 years of perfecting the student accommodation experience. Downing Students. Accommodation Made for you”

Prodigy Living

Prodigy Living

Accommodation in 15 cities across the UK, with 24 sites providing modern, stylish en suite and studio rooms close to the major universities.

iQ Student Accommodation

iQ Student Accommodation

Great value student rooms in city centre locations all across the UK

X1 Lettings

X1 Lettings

Luxury student accommodation in Liverpool & Manchester.

Collegiate Accommodation

Collegiate Accommodation

"This is student living. Just better."

Scape Student Living

Study Inn

Providing stunning high quality, boutique student accommodation throughout the UK

The Student Housing Company

The Student Housing Company

Award-winning student accommodation across the UK.


Student accommodation articles What to take to uniDo I need a TV licence?

Quick link:

Unanswered student accommodation threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.