Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Do you ever sorta start skipping around when you're deep into a fantasy? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Not talking about sexual fantasies btw, if you came in here thinking that. <.<

Anyways, I noticed that I tend to do that a lot. I just unconsciously get out of my seat and move around a lot in a fast-manner (e.g. jumping around, walking fast, skipping) while I fantasise and I don't really notice this as I'm so into fantasising my life away that I end up realising when I'm completely breathless.

Anyone else?

ReputationRep:
    Isn't that called being mad?

ReputationRep:
    ._____.

ReputationRep:
    :lolwut:

ReputationRep:
    Hahahaha! You're not alone!

Edit: Oh, wait...you are. I only do that when I am looking forward to something I am actually going to do, or rather something that's actually going to happen.

ReputationRep:
    Sounds fun but crazy

ReputationRep:
    Not normal. Seek help.

ReputationRep:
    If I'm daydreaming, I start walking faster. I've done this on the way to school, and the girl I walk with thinks I'm odd.

ReputationRep:
    Seems a bit like sleep walking but different

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sadian)

Anyways, I noticed that I tend to do that a lot. I just unconsciously get out of my seat and move around a lot in a fast-manner (e.g. jumping around, walking fast, skipping) while I fantasise and I don't really notice this as I'm so into fantasising my life away that I end up realising when I'm completely breathless.

Anyone else?
    Nope! When I day dream I lay my head down, close my eyes and pretend to be asleep. I think you should give if a go- people don't react well to signs I'd craziness.

ReputationRep:
    My partner and I seem to do many similar things to this, but many consider us to be crazy and we don’t care. I certainly skip, bounce, swing my arms, hop, and leap forward a few steps intermittently without realising until I'm questioned on it.

My emotional state is closely connected to my mannerisms and physicality; hence I’ll unwittingly do such things. I also think it’s because I keep my positive emotions and thoughts very close to the surface thus they tend to induce the unpredictable desire to express myself more by breaking the monotony of walking or being still. I’ve noticed a correlation between certain patterns of thought and actions too (e.g. more furious bouncing when thinking about a complex concept or plot that required distinct ‘steps’). I expect that it gives me a sense of productivity and marks progress more in my memory if I do these things.

I don’t see it as a negative provided that it doesn’t lead to me becoming detached from reality to the extent that I’m a threat to others or myself, and I see no reason why it should as they aren't intrinsically a cause of such things. In fact, I see it as being akin to humming, whistling, muttering thoughts aloud to make things more cogent, etc. I actually like it as I get to introduce energy and enthusiasm into my surroundings, and it seems to be serving me well at the present.

ReputationRep:
    I'm not crazy! It's just a force of habit I made that my body starts doing automatically now! It's kinda dull day dreaming with my head down unless I'm in class. If I'm at my house, I feel much more comfortable in motion while doing it. Keeps my thoughts much more energetic and on fire.

I also do something similar when I play a heated video game, although I never realised this until my friends started commenting on how I couldn't stay still. If I got excited, I'd sorta stand up and start hopping. >__>

Eh, sounds really weird now that I think about it. Not mad hopping, just really excitable and jumpy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sadian)

Anyone else?
    I used to loads; it was awesome, like a video game but anything I could imagine.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Valindrius)
    My partner and I seem to do many similar things to this, but many consider us to be crazy and we don’t care. I certainly skip, bounce, swing my arms, hop, and leap forward a few steps intermittently without realising until I'm questioned on it.

My emotional state is closely connected to my mannerisms and physicality; hence I’ll unwittingly do such things. I also think it’s because I keep my positive emotions and thoughts very close to the surface thus they tend to induce the unpredictable desire to express myself more by breaking the monotony of walking or being still. I’ve noticed a correlation between certain patterns of thought and actions too (e.g. more furious bouncing when thinking about a complex concept or plot that required distinct ‘steps’). I expect that it gives me a sense of productivity and marks progress more in my memory if I do these things.

I don’t see it as a negative provided that it doesn’t lead to me becoming detached from reality to the extent that I’m a threat to others or myself, and I see no reason why it should as they aren't intrinsically a cause of such things. In fact, I see it as being akin to humming, whistling, muttering thoughts aloud to make things more cogent, etc. I actually like it as I get to introduce energy and enthusiasm into my surroundings, and it seems to be serving me well at the present.
    Oh, you put my exact thoughts into more than comprehensible words! This is really similar to me. If I'm thinking, I'll pace around. If I'm fantasising about something excitable, I'll sorta jump around. If I'm listening to music, I'll uncontrollably sing along or whistle. I can't not move, basically. I'm a really excitable person. I can never be still or I'll just feel too uncomfortable.

ReputationRep:
    I often fidget if I'm daydreaming, but I fidget a lot when I'm not daydreaming anyway.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.