hehe

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chucklefiend)
    Are you sure about that? :rolleyes:
    http://www.thecompleteuniversityguid...e.htm?ipg=8726
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/education/...y-league-table

ReputationRep:
    http://www.timeshighereducation.co.u...1/top-200.html

(the only thing this is proving is the unreliability of league tables.)

In any case, the original quote from Thomas... was: "ranks much higher in league tables"

i.e. plural - implying an average across various different league tables.

I've given multiple examples of league tables in which Exeter is not ranked above Aston and RHUL, thereby proving the original assertion dubious at best.

ReputationRep:
    I'm sorry but I find it hard to believe that Exeter is comparable to RH and Aston. I always thought Exeter was alongside Bath, York etc.. Anyway Exeter has only recently started to get better positions at league tables and with the improvements they're planning to make they're only going to go higher.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Legen...dary!!)
    I'm sorry but I find it hard to believe that Exeter is comparable to RH and Aston. I always thought Exeter was alongside Bath, York etc.. Anyway Exeter has only recently started to get better positions at league tables and with the improvements they're planning to make they're only going to go higher.
    To be honest, many people on this TSR can turn any thread into a debate about university prestigious. All I am going to suggest the OP is that Aston Business School is the best out of all her choice. But if she cares about league table then go to Exeter. Personally, I don't think anyone outside UK heard of Exeter, out of all her choice RHUL will be the most reputable due to the name 'University of London'. Exeter is a great uni, probably, I don't know I never go there. But if she wants to go for the one that is best for her course, it's going to be Aston.

ReputationRep:
    Does the fact that Exeter is not well known mean that it's not an excellent uni though? :/
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Does the fact that Exeter is not well known mean that it's not an excellent uni though? :/
    No it doesn't mean that Exeter is not an excellent uni. Neither does the fact that Aston and RHUL are not well known interntationally (in terms of their overall reputation and RHUL on its own without referring to UoL) mean that they are nto excellent unis.

ReputationRep:
    Frankly I don't care what you find hard to believe. By any objective measurement Exeter, Royal Holloway and Aston are closely matched. Just like Thomas... you're not impartial. You're going to Exeter and consequently are biased in it's favour.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chucklefiend)
    Frankly I don't care what you find hard to believe. By any objective measurement Exeter, Royal Holloway and Aston are closely matched. Just like Thomas... you're not impartial. You're going to Exeter and consequently are biased in it's favour.
    Ok, but there's a reason why I chose it. And if you don't care then don't comment, simple as that.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.