Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    How easy is it to switch between departments at LSE for instance between Economic History and Anthropology?

ReputationRep:
    You would have to email the university and ask them to change it. They would review your application again - but could remove you from the original course.

As a result, you would lose your place at LSE if Anthropology was unsuccessful

ReputationRep:
    What if I am at the end of my first year and going into second year next September? My personal statement has nothing to do with Anthropology or Law only economics and economic history

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by snoopyx)
    What if I am at the end of my first year and going into second year next September? My personal statement has nothing to do with Anthropology or Law only economics and economic history
    If you have the grades and a good reason (which you'll have to tell both departmental tutors), they'd let you, but I think you'd need to redo first year. Talk to your academic adviser. I can think of someone who switched from Law to Economics in Lent Term and didn't need to repeat the year or anything, but your case would be different.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.