Turn on thread page Beta

Do girls have that primal/primitive instinct to have sex that guys do? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    i know the biology behind it, before anyone tells me: guys produce millions of sperm and they're looking to maximise their chances of passing on their genes, so they want to have sex with as many girls as possible. girls only produce one egg a month so they are looking for only one special guy to have sex with, produce a child, and for that guy to provide financial security and be a loving, caring father.

i hear and witness conflicting views though. the biological explanation above doesnt tell the full picture. accidental and unplanned pregnancies are at a record high in the UK.

i get told that girls enjoy sex as much as guys, and a lot of girls are as horny as guys, so why would every girl wait and wait and wait until they wanted kids to have sex, like the biological explanation suggests? why do i see lots of girls making out in clubs, or dressing up in revealing clothing and ENJOYING the attention? (the last time i went clubbing, i saw one attractive girl making out with one fit guy then minutes later, making out with another fit guy. each time she was getting her bum felt up and she looked like she was enjoying it)

so back to the original question: Do girls have that primal/primitive instinct to have sex that guys do?

ReputationRep:
    anyone?

ReputationRep:
    No, they just endure it so they can have a relationship. Do you not listen to Stephen fry?

ReputationRep:
    Hmm i guess to a certain extent but not so much that i would jump any guy that wanders past

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lexi99)
    Hmm i guess to a certain extent but not so much that i would jump any guy that wanders past
    yes and you see guys doing that all the time too :rolleyes: be realistic. i clearly dont mean that.

ReputationRep:
    Oh rly

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_zCdOXCAefI...ohnny_depp.jpg

ReputationRep:
    yes....they just hide it a helluva lot better than men

ReputationRep:
    I think that in general, women are a lot more selective than men in terms of having sexual relationships. I don't know if this necessarily means we have less of an impulse to have sex, but it probably does mean that we reserve/focus our strong sexual impulses only on specific men that we are very attracted to.

It probably explains why we dress up to get attention, but we predominantly only genuinely appreciate attention from people we are attracted to and see as potential mates.

ReputationRep:
    He's not just any guy!

ReputationRep:
    He's not just any guy!
    he's a guy with lots of money and girls love money. they would marry an ugly guy with a bad personality if he had millions of pounds.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eveiebaby)
    I think that in general, women are a lot more selective than men in terms of having sexual relationships. I don't know if this necessarily means we have less of an impulse to have sex, but it probably does mean that we reserve/focus our strong sexual impulses only on specific men that we are very attracted to.

It probably explains why we dress up to get attention, but we predominantly only genuinely appreciate attention from people we are attracted to and see as potential mates.
    This is what i meant only this says it better

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dr Pressure)
    he's a guy with lots of money and girls love money. they would marry an ugly guy with a bad personality if he made millions of pounds.
    I dont love him for his money

ReputationRep:
    he's a guy with lots of money and girls love money. they would marry an ugly guy with a bad personality if he had millions of pounds.
    Yeah. Certain women might marry a guy they find unattractive with lots of money but that doesnt mean they will be sexually attracted to him or truly love him. Those sort of gold digging types would probably be quite likely to cheat on ugly rich guy with the hot gardener or have someone on the side who they have more genuine feelings for.

I think some men have the wrong attitude when it comes to attracting women. Just as some women probably have the wrong attitude when it comes to attracting men. They don't have a clue.

I personally (and most women) would rather not bother with all that and just marry someone I actually fancy and love. I would like to be comfortable financially but I don't see it as a man's responsibility to support me. More a teamwork thing.

ReputationRep:
    Isn't this question a bit like- "what hurts more: getting kicked in the balls or giving birth?"
    No one will ever be able to answer because no one can be both a man and a woman and then make a comparison.
    I think it depends on the person tbh. I'm sure there are guys who aren't obsessed/desperately need that much sex and I'm sure there are girls who get a reallyt strong urge to do it.

P.S child birth hurts more...duh

ReputationRep:
    I'd say yes. I, as a female, love sex. Can't get enough. It's awesome. I don't care what Darwin said; he was an ass - not because I'm religious, I just don't believe his theories stating that men lose all attraction after sex, so they move on to find someone else to get pregnant etc. He's just giving guys an excuse to be a-holes imo.

ReputationRep:
    oui, oui!

I do :sexface:, but then I don't want to have any kids or settle down, so I might be in the minority, as I am extremely weird (as told by my friends) especially considering that I'm south asian.

However, only with certain guys like :sexface: :

ReputationRep:
    darkxangel.. Your taste in men is top notch. I commend you.

Maybe I'm just speaking as a horny teenager, I don't know, but I do. Only really feel that way with one guy, though. But still :B

ReputationRep:
    girls are just as horny as men, it's just that girls need to uphold the image of decency which guys feel no obligation to do, and girls value a meaningful relationship more where guys would just want casual sex and a kind of meaningful relationship

but I think at the level of marriage and lifetime partnership, both girls and guys value a meaningful relationship to the same extent

ReputationRep:
    If that picture was posted purely because he had money then I imagine a sexy pic of Andrew Lloyd Webber will be up shortly...Can't wait!

ReputationRep:
    The girls I know do :P

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 4, 2011
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.