Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by junior.doctor)
    Fairy, don't give up - keep fighting them. It can be very demoralising at times, especially if your consultant's contacting them. Do you have a supportive GP? Sometimes they can be a lifesaver in these sorts of situations, perhaps an extra voice to reiterate that your consultant doesn't know enough to comment about a particular situation.

Can I ask what can a GP do? I should possibly know this.
    Problem being ive been with the same consultant for years.

ReputationRep:
    I've just started med school and have a few medical problems of varying severity. Got through OH, though I was really worried. I still worry that someone will try to make it a problem later. But I think we just have to be really strong and remember that the medical profession needs people like us - people who have been on the other side of the consultation table, and know what it's like to face physical and/or mental adversity. Please remember that just because there seem to be more of them, it doesn't mean they are the ones who are right. Please pm if you'd like to chat. I think we all need each other's support to keep going, aspiring, and persisting, x x x

ReputationRep:
    Im sorry to bring this thread up again - but have any of you been tempted to just leave medicine because of a long term health condition?

I cant see myself dong anything else but medicine but the paperwork and having to repeat myself over and over again is stressing me out that much I can see myself giving up and leaving. Im banging my head against a brick wall.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.